• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shady Grove Irving, TX

Reaction score
Is this little riding spot still open? I checked online and google says it is closed. Another forum says still open. Just seeing if anyone knows in DFW. Also any other trail riding options in metroplex?

I went by a couple of weeks ago. It's trucking yard now. Remember the trashcan chicken? Yum Yum Yum!

Is this little riding spot still open? I checked online and google says it is closed. Another forum says still open. Just seeing if anyone knows in DFW. Also any other trail riding options in metroplex?
Funny: @WildBillTx and I were JUST discussing this (prolly right about the time you were posting). I'll bet 'Trashcan Chicken Guy' is gone.
Frustrating how all the old riding spots are drying up and being concreted over with warehouses. I had a few test areas scoped out in North Dallas, but about the only unpaved area I can think of is Luna Road down by Northwest Highway where the Trinity River floods about 6 months out of the year.

Short of the track and trails up in Trophy Club, you pretty much have to get outside of the actual metro these days to ride.

Back