• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Share your Top 5 Places to go eat on a Bike in Texas.

North East Texas area
1. The Shed, Edom
2. 7th Street Cafe, Cushing
3. East Texas Burger Company, Mineola
4. The Farmhouse, Van (great piece of road to getting there, FM 1805)
5. Street Taco Shack, Canton
FM 1805 is a fun little road, to bad it's not longer.

Another good place to eat out that way is The Lumber Yard Cafe in Edgewood.

Dang, I haven't been to Tookie's in years, last I heard they were closed due to Hurricane Ike damage. Looks like they've since reopened. :clap: We used to go there all the time when I lived in Seabrook back in the '90s. I looked up their menu to see if they still have the Bean Burger, they do.:trust:

http://www.tookiesburgers.com/images/TookiesMenu.pdf
SW Tookies was out of business for the longest time after Ike until the people who own T-Bone Toms bought them. They reopened in the original location, but then moved just over the cut between Clear Lake and the Bay in Kemah.

Top Water Grill in San Leon has an awesome stuffed flounder.

The Original Mexican Cafe in Galveston has tasty Mexican food.

Benno's on the Seawall in Galveston has some of the best cajun grilled seafood, but is a little pricey.

The Jay Cafe (no relation) in Needville has some really good homestyle cooking and great pie.

Pinetree Lodge in La Belle (off 73 between Winnie and Port Arthur) has some tasty fried catfish.

Lowake Steak House located at 12143 Hwy 67 in Rowena Texas. Just a few miles west of Ballinger

Blue Agave cattle Company located 107 East Main St (Hwy 70 & FM1170) Blackwell Texas

Coopers BBQ located in Llano Texas

Mrs Allens Family Dining located at 1301 East Broadway in Sweetwater Texas

Skeets Texas Grill located at 214 SE Georgia Ave in Sweetwater Texas. Just east of the Hwy 70/I-20 underpass on the south service road

Kerrville area? Will be there Mon--Thu next week.
Wow, kind of overwhelmed! Found some good stuff anyway. New Cajun spot called Wahu on 16 not far off I10 heading into town, very excellent. Rio Rancho in Ingram has awesome breakfasts and there is a decent burger spot a little ways out of town called Alamo Springs Cafe. Beer was icy cold and the burger was the best in TX. Probably a revelation to all of you guys.

Black's in Lockhart
Maxine's in Bastrop
Andrea's in Brenham
Taqueria El Charro De Jalisco in SA near Lackland AFB
Roadhouse in Paige
Bareback Bar & Icehouse in Spring

On the bike I like to stop at:

Burger Fixins in Celina
Lost Maple Cafe Utopia
Burger Street
Old City Parks all over Texas
Starlight Theater BB

I just wish Buckees and QT had outdoor tables.

Back