• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Time to sell: 1979 Honda GoldWing 1000

Reaction score
Ole Number 79 is a very nice classic 1979 Honda Goldwing. Ready to ride Route 66 across America if you are so inclined.

It sat in a barn from 2006 to 2019 which is when I bought it from the widow. It had 35K miles on it.

I have kept this bike meticulously maintained to keep it a road worthy rider. Rebuilt front and rear brake calipers with new brake pads. Rebuilt forks, rebuilt front and rear master cylinders. Lots of new parts, cables and gaskets. New tires, timing belts, water hoses, starter, and recent fluid changes. Fuel tank professionally cleaned by Bastrop City Radiator. The 4 carb set was sent out to be professionally rebuilt by PP Svc. in Tennessee.

The ignition was upgraded from the original points setup to the Dyna Electronic unit with Dyna wires and Dyna coils.

The bike now has about 38,000 original miles so the motor, trans, clutch, drive shaft, rear end, are all in like new condition.This classic can easily provide many more years and miles of riding pleasure for the new owner.

Going on to 78 years old I just don’t ride much anymore so the bike just sits around. It’s time to pass it on to someone who could enjoy it as much as I have. $2850/OBO. This is a great deal… a lot of classic bike for not that much money.

Attachments

• After2.jpg
    After2.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 193
  • After3.jpg
    After3.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 189
  • After5.jpg
    After5.jpg
    365.2 KB · Views: 188
Yes, very nice cruiser, and vintage to boot. Would be a good time to ride to the wildflowers in CA and stay there for summer.
BTDT in 1980 on a GW.
If you raise your kids, you can spoil the grandkids.

If you spoil your kids, you will raise the grandkid
Buy the bike! and let the IRS find you (later)

I bought my kid's cars at abandoned vehicle auctions ($35), They had to put the effort in to keep them running, and we still have (2) running 25 yrs later (And still getting 50mpg on homebrew diesel) ~ the same economy as a GW.
Wow, what a gem and a deal!
This is going to the top of my wish list (not age 78, yet... still riding daily.)

Buy the bike! and let the IRS find you (later)

I bought my kid's cars at abandoned vehicle auctions ($35), They had to put the effort in to keep them running, and we still have (2) running 25 yrs later (And still getting 50mpg on homebrew diesel) ~ the same economy as a GW.
Taxes already paid, and looking at auction sites now for a replacement vehicle, but anything worth getting is going for at least $4000.

Back