• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tire mounting

Reaction score
Anyone in the central Texas area (temple/Belton, preferably) interested in helping me mount a ten inch tire? My son got a dirt bike yesterday and needs a tire mounted and I suck at the little tires...

CM

I will pray for you. I have a DR-Z 70 with 10 in tires and I had to change one recently. My daughter and her husband tried, but ended up pinching the thing pretty badly. I use a piece of rebar in the vice to hold the wheel and it seems to go ok. I use three or more tire irons, take little bites and practice my sailor language skills I mastered some 45 years ago or so. The little tires and wheels are awful sometimes, but definitely can be done. The easiest way to avoid failures is to keep the adults off of them without having enough air in them. Almost every tire failure on them had been ripped out valve stems. So, be patient, take care and you can do it. The dirt bike tires are way easier to mount than the scooter tires, since the scooter tires are tubless and actually hate you.

Good luck, all tires hate me! But I keep fighting them as necessary.

Back