• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Toll Tag Location

Even toll roads in PA, NJ and NY also go by number of axles, then weight, not sure about other states. But anywhere I've seen, 2 axles is the minimum, not number of wheels. There was a small and very unsuccessful battle about MCs wanting a different rate here. Since they're managed by private entities instead of the local government, they can charge what they want. Votes or petitions don't matter.

Motorcycle has Two Axles = min charge . My wifes rig to roll through a single toll can be costly with 5 Axles and 80,000 pounds . Our Travel trailer , and truck is 5.75 a toll combined .

Recently ADA , and local government's have cracked down on the DV plates , and they will be more difficult to get , and require the international handicap sign to be able to park in a handicap spot marked in Blue . It probably wont be long before the tolling system catches wind , and adjustments are made.

I know a DV vet that put his whole family's cars in his name ( grown children ) to get them free tolling . Not exactly ethical . He really is disabled from his 22 years service , but his kids are not .

I never install on bikes or trailers, and they just read the tag, but the tag has to be on your toll tag account for the discount.

Hi all, trying to figure out where to put the toll tag on my Scrambler. I’ll mostly be on 99 and very occasionally on BW8, not sure if that matters though.

The directions that came with it said to put it on the inside of the bikes windscreen but the Scrambler is naked and doesn’t have a windscreen. I’d rather not permanently affix it to any part of the bike if I can avoid it. Does anyone know if leaving it in my jacket pocket or putting it in the under seat storage will trigger the toll sensors? Thanks.
I have mine mounted under the rear seat on my FJR and my Tracer and it works perfectly. Even works on the toll roads in Austin.

As long as you have a sticker and it is assigned to the License plate you do not need to keep the sticker on the bike so far as I know. It will read your plate and tie it to your account and you still get the discount. Perhaps I am mistaken?? It might make it take longer sometimes but they always get their tolls.

As long as you have a sticker and it is assigned to the License plate you do not need to keep the sticker on the bike so far as I know. It will read your plate and tie it to your account and you still get the discount. Perhaps I am mistaken?? It might make it take longer sometimes but they always get their tolls.
You are correct. None of my bikes have stickers, but all are registered to a sticker. I use the lanes almost every time I ride and thy tolls process correctly against my account at the discounted sticker rate.

I do have one question though, do you have to have the sticker to go through the toll booths at DFW? I think you might as I don't believe those readers read your license plate?

Back