• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

UTV in Big Bend

We are taking my wife 1979 CJ5 to Big Bend this trip. I can get in and out of the Polaris much easier than the CJ5, but it should be fun to poke around and explore. She's not a big 2-up fan, so this will let her see some of the sights we get to on the bikes.

Must admit, the popular towns in Colorado that have big Polaris rental companies are causing a lot of the popular trails to turn into parking lots. It's really hard to get around a conga line of 20 UTV's dusting the world. More and more I just turn around and go someplace else.

When I was last in Ouray, they didn't allow ATVs/UTVs in city limits. They had parking areas at the edge of town and you could either walk or catch a suttle type deal in.

When my son bought his new polaris, he was issued a tag. He said the tag had stipulations. He could drive the road providing he did not drive over 35 mph. The paved road where we live is 25 mph. So, he is allowed to drive on it. The farm to market is 55 mph. So, he would be illegal driving to Red Top for gas. He asked a friend of his, whom happens to be a THP officer.

When my son bought his new polaris, he was issued a tag. He said the tag had stipulations. He could drive the road providing he did not drive over 35 mph. The paved road where we live is 25 mph. So, he is allowed to drive on it. The farm to market is 55 mph. So, he would be illegal driving to Red Top for gas. He asked a friend of his, whom happens to be a THP officer.
I meant to say, DPS officer

Back