• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

VFR1200X Owners Thread

I know I shouldn't! Hence the choice of room mates for the VFR.

I loved my GS but it just kind of ground me down. In the end you have the same adds to a GS as you would the VFR. I went down the list. In the end I chose which deficiencies mattered more than others to me. Different animals.

If I have popcorn and beer I'd watch people try to ride a real singletrack on 600 pound adventure bikes all day :-) And in fact I have seen some pretty incredible riders on them, who could do things that seemed beyond human. The funnest part is watching them pick these bikes up and collecting the $3k in plastic. Once they go down, the other side usually takes a hit shortly thereafter due to rider fatigue. I learned a long time ago that my brain and wallet both start tossing out the sustainability clause when I start thinking about more than gentle fire roads on my GSA after a long day in the saddle. And yes I learn everything the hard way but don't allow pictures :-)

0EA2997C-6515-434F-98DA-A3BF2A7B25AA.jpeg

We took 3 GSAs down to the easy trail/mx park. I’ve never been stared at on a motorcycle more than we were that day. Going slow is the key, these bikes aren’t 250lb dirt rockets. And no one fell over at all…because there’s no pictures of that happening.

But back on topic, I would never think of taking the VFR down these trails. The suspension and throttle control aren’t compatible with this kind of riding.

Ya dirt bikes they aren't! I wouldn't take a GS down that either in fear for my wallet. It is said a poor craftsman blames his tools, but in the same vein a hammer is not a screwdriver!

Back