• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Vintage Road Racing- AHRMA 2022

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Zuniga
I'm in preliminary planning stages to maybe run 4 events this year, or AT LEAST 3 event (must run 2 events or you don't qualify to run at Barber's)

So here's looking at you folks who might be at -

Kershaw, NC March 18-20
High Plain (Colorado) April 22-24
Homestead Topeka, KS May 27-29
Barber's (Birmingham, AL) October 6-9

If you've never been to Barber's Vintage Festival, you are REALLY missing out on one of the top motorcycling attractions in the U.S. every year.

Now that my middle son has returned stateside from his tour in Germany, he'll be stationed at Fort Riley, KS; so, a VERY good chance that he and my oldest son can race with me at the Heartland event! Too bad my youngest is only 11, I'd LOVE to have all 4 of us on a track before i get too old (still possible, based on how old BritBodger was when he last raced with me).

I sure hope to meet some more fellow TWTex.Com members out there this year!

At this point, I'm hoping it'll be:

Me - '65-69 Bonneville in Production Heavyweight, '83 Honda VF750F in NexGen
My oldest son Jason - '74 Yamaha RD400 in Prod/Heavy
My middle son Kevin - '72 BMW R75 in Prod/Heavy, '02 Ducati Fogarty Monster in NexGen 3

Still trying to figure out if I have another bike that Jason can ride in NexGen so we all get to race together in both classes.

Good luck with the races. I haven't had the chance to race with a kid, but did have my daughter and son-in-law as my pit crew at Barber one year at a MotoAmerica race.

Well keep us posted if you make it to Barber. Love going to the Vintage Bike Festival and it'll be fun to be able to watch the races and pull for someone.

I did get approval to run my ZRX1200R in NexGen3 & Formula Thunder, so all 3 of us can run Production Heavyweight & Formula Thunder together!

Well, it's over before it started.

I sold my 4-acre place with shop/garage, and I'm buying 10 acres and building a new barndo. So, time and money for racing is GONE.

Another contributing factor is my son Kevin who is stationed in Kansas was going to race with me at Topeka, but he got injured snow skiing; so that's out.

Hope y'all that get into it, HAVE FUN!

Back