• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

War has been declared on my family

k-dubya

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
KW ... or just Dub
December has been rough. My Dad, 90 years old, has completed leukemia treatment and was doing well until he contracted COVID. Because he is immuno-compromised, treatment options are sketchy and risky.

He also is carrying the burden of my Mom having been admitted to a skilled nursing facility on December 1st, so they are apart and not able to lean on one another as they have for 66 years.

Adding to the fun, my daughter went from COVID to serious bronchitis ... and she's caring for my 6 year old grand daughter and 2 month old grandson solo since my son-in-law contracted shingles a week ago.

To add to the fun, my wife, brother, and I have/had COVID. My wife has recovered nicely, my brother is on his way, and I had my second visit to the ER tonight with rapidly progressing pneumonia (thankfully still in only one lung).

My confidence is in G_d as is my peace and joy. But we're getting tired.

I covet your prayers for healing for us all plus the understanding of what we are to learn from this battle.

G_d is good.

Thanks ... We've got the full load of vaccines, boosters, supplements, alternatives, etc. across the family. I guess we could be the labs rats for treatment effectiveness <sigh>
That's scary!

I guess we could be the labs rats for treatment effectiveness <sigh>
Last time I got my CV booster, I also got a shingles vax. I thought I was going to grow a rooster comb out the top of my head.

Prayers for you and your household. The devil attacks hardest wherever God's presence is strongest.

Thanks ... We've got the full load of vaccines, boosters, supplements, alternatives, etc. across the family. I guess we could be the labs rats for treatment effectiveness <sigh>
Keep your head up. You and yours will pull through. Iā€™m signed up to take the rest of my vaccines. I donā€™t want to take any chances

Will be praying for you and your family Dub. May God fill you and your family with strength, hope, joy and peace....Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid....John 14:27

You're so kind, Ed. One of my neighbors offered to seed the pastures for me, and I was able to get the fallen trees cut and split before the crud got me.

The only must do is lambing prep and my wife has taken to that like the proverbial duck to water.

I really appreciate the offer and especially the friendship.

G_d provides through some amazing ways ... and people!

Thanks, all. The team at the ER was truly amazing. He was in surgery 6 minutes after getting out of the ambulance.

My Dad is in ICU now and doing pretty well. Good enough to be pissed that they cut his pants and shirt off and barking orders for someone to find his wallet and charge his phone.

He never was the subtle type. šŸ˜

Thanks very much for the prayers. Its great to see the body in action.

Blessings on you all.

Last edited:
Back