• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SSL status for website still "not secure" - SOLVED... hopefully...

Just tried to use TAPATALK, both the pay version and free version, No Joy.
"System Message
The Two Wheeled Texans forum is temporarily off line while we migrate to a new server platform and update the forum software. We hope to be back on line within 24 hours.
Facebook link
in the meantime, have a great weekend"

Just tried to use TAPATALK, both the pay version and free version, No Joy.
"System Message
The Two Wheeled Texans forum is temporarily off line while we migrate to a new server platform and update the forum software. We hope to be back on line within 24 hours.
Facebook link
in the meantime, have a great weekend"

At this time, I am NOT planning to install TapaTalk. (I might change my mind later... but only if I absolutely have to.)

Here's the deal with them. If you use the free version, they serve you ads over which I have no control. They claim they are sending me money, but they never have. The only way I can stop the ads is if I pay a monthly fee to them. I never wanted to install TT because I KNEW they were eventually going to do something like this despite all their promises that I would ALWAYS have control over ads on my site. Of course they did not mention at the time that such control would come at a cost...

The new forum software can handle mobile devices. Just open a browser on your phone and enter www.twtex.com. You can upload images to the site as attachments straight from your phone. I know it is not as convenient as having ALL your forums right there at your finger tips in TT. All I ask is that you give it a chance ;-)

On the phone following your instructions and it seems to work. Using my data instead of work WiFi and it came right up. I’ll give it a shot once I get to my apartment with WiFi there.

WiFi versus Data should not make a difference.

Deleteing double post. It seemed to hang up a bit when I hit enter the first time.

In Chrome, there's a warning that the "Insecure content blocked. site is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources".
In Chrome's Developer tools, Security tab.

Security overview

This page is not secure (broken HTTPS).

Resources - active mixed content
You have recently allowed non-secure content (such as scripts or iframes) to run on this site.
Reload the page to record requests for HTTP resources.

Certificate - valid and trusted
The connection to this site is using a valid, trusted server certificate issued by cPanel, Inc. Certification Authority.
View certificate

Connection - secure (strong TLS 1.2)
The connection to this site is encrypted and authenticated using TLS 1.2 (a strong protocol), ECDHE_RSA with P-256 (a strong key exchange), and AES_128_GCM (a strong cipher).

Mixed Content: The page at 'https://www.twtex.com/forums/index....-secure-solved-hopefully.119229/#post-1586627' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure favicon 'http://www.twtex.com/forums/index.phpfavicon.ico'. This content should also be served over HTTPS.
/forums/index.phpfavicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

well, closed, reopened browser, and now not getting the message.

Yep, it's working here. But note, the cert is only valid until March. I dunno if it will renew at that time and some how be replaced with a new one, but it'll be something to keep an eye on:
Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 8.54.01 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 8.54.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-23 at 8.54.01 AM.png
    93.7 KB · Views: 217
The cert is supposed to renew annually.

When I get an email notification with a link to the the thread it still goes to TapaTalk. How do I stop it from doing that and go to my web browser?

Last edited:
If I check gmail on my iPhone and tap the "View This Thread", a screen pops up asking me what I want to open it with. My options are Chrome or Safari. At the bottom is a yes/no slider button that says "Ask me which app to use every time". So I assume I can pick Safari, set the slider, and it will do that from now on. I have TT installed and that wasn't even one of my options. But that might be a setting in TT.

That's not how it works for me. I use hotmail and a Samsung. I just need to play with it a bit more.

Second question. Why doesn't the site scale to my full screen in Chrome on my PC? My boat forum I follow uses Xenforo for the forum software as well but it scales across my entire screen while TWT have very large margins on ether side of the text.

This might be helpful for those trying "alternative" methods of access. It worked for my carrier pigeons. This will take you directly to the forums page.

Try "starting" or set your shortcut to https://www.twtex.com/forums/index.php

If you just go to www.twtex.com or twtex.com, you'll get an image linked to forums with a message: This is a temporary home page for the forum. You can still access the forum by clicking the image or link below.

For you Android users who want to stop Tapatalk from coming up from your email notifications:
Settings-->Apps-->Tapatalk-->Set as default-->Go to supported URL's: Press 'CLEAR DEFAULTS'

Now when you follow the link it'll ask whether to use Tapatalk or Browser. When you select Browser it'll remember it going forward.

I'm assuming you'll need to answer the same question for any other forum's you had going to TT as well.

Second question. Why doesn't the site scale to my full screen in Chrome on my PC? My boat forum I follow uses Xenforo for the forum software as well but it scales across my entire screen while TWT have very large margins on ether side of the text.

How does it look now?

It opened up a bit since last I looked however the avatar pictures seem to be bigger and now slightly cover up the first letter of the text in the message

It opened up a bit since last I looked however the avatar pictures seem to be bigger and now slightly cover up the first letter of the text in the message

That was me playing around with avatar settings ;-) I am done now. It should look better.

That was me playing around with avatar settings ;-) I am done now. It should look better.

Speaking of avatars, my avatar has a transparent background. Any way we can set the the images to render that way as well?

Same as here, this thread notification, response #46 Today at 1:42 PM just now reached me at 7:51 PM. Maybe this is not a forum issue but never has been like that before that I am aware of.

Speaking of avatars, my avatar has a transparent background. Any way we can set the the images to render that way as well?

I don't know. I assume you mean I should not be able to see any of the white that is outside the shape of the badge/shield?

Same as here, this thread notification, response #46 Today at 1:42 PM just now reached me at 7:51 PM. Maybe this is not a forum issue but never has been like that before that I am aware of.

We are dealing with some email configuration issues right now. I am working on them as I type. Waiting for the hosting service tech support chat people to reply. Apparently, they assigned me an IP address that was already in use!! That is causing problems. :doh:

Back