• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Limerock Vintage Days

Reaction score
I've been working in New York this week but Saturday I got to play a little hookey and headed out with a dear friend (who also races Formula Atlantic) to the beautiful Limerock Park which was holding their annual vintage days. Words really cannot do justice to either this beautiful circuit or the fantastic and eclectic mix of vehicles in attendance. There are no restrictions on the public & you are free (and welcome) to wander the pits and circuit at will. Hopefully these pictures capture a little of the fun.

Firstly I needed a car for a couple of days, my friend lent me his 1955 Triumph, sure beats a Camry rental for running around -

file-9.jpg

Of course no trip with a vintage British sports car is complete without some quick maintenance, my friend has a fully equipped race shop, how convenient is that?

file-10.jpg

My 1st "real" car was a Lancia Fulvia, this lovely orange one brought back great memories -

file-11.jpg

Then it was to the race machinery -

file-12.jpg

file-15.jpg

The hand panel beating on this Lotus was fantastic -

file-14.jpg

Big horsepower was in evidence with a selection of Can-Ams for the brave only -

file-16.jpg

file-17.jpg

From big block to Norton single -

file-13.jpg

And old Sprint cars -

file-19.jpg

My favorite F1 car of all time was the star of the show -

file-18.jpg

file-20.jpg

But not all the hardware was high-$ exotica -

file-21.jpg

The racing was a feast for the ears as much as the eyes. Grumbling Porsches, screaming Alfas and howling Can-Ams, the air heavy with the smell of Castrol R. Then it was time for the main event. Watching the vintage F1 and F2 cars on this tree lined, narrow circuit was simply amazing, I really didn't have the camera for this kind of action, you'll just have to imagine the sun glinting off the polished bodywork as the racers climbed the hill up to the right hander -

file-7.jpg

Finally, a little sun burned, it was back in the Triumph for 40 miles of twisting upstate NY roads in the evening sun. As Wallace would say "a Grand Day Out."

file-8.jpg

Oh, that was lovely! (another Wallace...) Looks like you had a wonderful time and getting to ramble around in a vintage Triumph had to be the icing on the cake.

Or the Wensleydale? :)

She won't be harried but there's tons of torque so constant shifting is not really needed.

Brakes are another story!

Back