• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Durango,Co. Road Trip

Ksc12c

Reaction score
This year several of my High School buddies decided to get together for a little riding. Since we're pretty much scattered over the western United States. We decided to meet in Durango,Colorado. Below our my pictures and commentary of a great trip.

Time to hit the road
edahade6.jpg

Riding though West Texas is pretty much uneventful with the exception of lunch at the Pancake House in Amarillo.

Our first days travel ended up at the Blue Swallow Motel in Tucumcari, New Mexico. It's a hold over from the Route 66 days and a great place to stay.

6a3une7y.jpg

The Neon comes alive at night

a3uqaqa7.jpg

The second leg of the trip goes from Tucumcari>Las Vegas>Taos>Paragosa Springs > Durango.

Between Tucumcari and Las Vegas
ada2yba2.jpg

Lunch at the Sipapu Ski Resort.
8a7yjaby.jpg

dede8yja.jpg

I couldn't resist a shot of this little guy.
devu9ube.jpg

Great views between Taos and Paragosa Springs.
any3uta9.jpg

Pricey Gas too.
ane8umeb.jpg

Arrival at the KOA in Durango.
emyrehud.jpg

The gangs all here.
esehuha6.jpg

The million dollar highway between Durango and Silverton.
abuja8ad.jpg

e2uhugug.jpg

The ladies.
5azyqyvy.jpg

Coffee in Silverton.
vyqymusu.jpg

On our way back to the KOA. We ran into this fellow Texan. He was on his way to Alaska.
syhyme6a.jpg

vaheqaqu.jpg

After 3 days in Durango we headed back home. We stayed at the Blue Swallow again. Here is a look at some of there garage art.

A good omen to see.
gapa3u5y.jpg

Garage art.
3uhe5uqu.jpg

9a7e3u9u.jpg

ra3agy2e.jpg

ujabuze2.jpg

Breakfast in Abilene. I guess this is a option on Dodge trucks
ge3azyda.jpg

Home!
aregama8.jpg

Sent from my iPad - Kevin

I wudn't gunna say anything about that top closet, uh, i mean box.

but Brian, you summed it up nicely.

You beat me to it. Yeah, that's the biggest top box I've ever seen. I wonder if the front brakes feel a tad weak at times. :eek2:

Back