• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWT Fall Rally 06

Thanks so much to STRider for coordinating the trip. It went as smooth as a trip with 21 riders, hail, rain, and cold can go. I had a great time, and was so glad to meet other riders from TwTex. I hope to see y'all again!

We missed you kocook

Redd said:
Thanks so much to STRider for coordinating the trip. It went as smooth as a trip with 21 riders, hail, rain, and cold can go. I had a great time, and was so glad to meet other riders from TwTex. I hope to see y'all again!

I'll second that! This is the largest group ride I've been on, but it was but by far the smoothest.

Redd and Texian, I want dibs on the Hawk if you decide to sell it whole. My wife needs a bike.:trust::trust:

pacman1 said:
I'll second that! This is the largest group ride I've been on, but it was but by far the smoothest.

Redd and Texian, I want dibs on the Hawk if you decide to sell it whole. My wife needs a bike.:trust::trust:

Mark, Take Note!!!!

:rofl:
Arrow,%20right%20up.jpg

I'll second the congratulations offered to STrider for organizing this trip. It's a pretty stressful task to take on.

pacman1 said:
I want dibs on the Hawk if you decide to sell it whole.
I'll mark it down. ;-) I'm running a couple of plans through my head, and selling it off is definitely an option.

Before I forget...
It was really nice seeing everyone.
also, great riding with some new people....Wes, Don, Roger, Allan/Debbie, Jon, Mike, Hugh/Beth....(?think that's it?)
It was great fun.:clap:

Thanks, Sarah. I missed all of you, too. Sorry to hear about your get-off-- but so, so glad to hear that you did so well.

Thanks Matt.I will not post the picture I have of the nameless one picking up a black GS.Thanks to Scott for hauling me up there and back.Thanks to Stuart for sittingup front so I could fall asleep when Scott started rambling about free market,politics, religion,fuel prices,marriage, raising kids,etc.Thanks to Hugh for slowing down enough to let me watch how you ride.Thanks to Paul for letting me ride the speed triple.thanks to stuart for letting me ride his FZ1.Thanks to hugh for letting me ride his KTM.Thanks to Scott for letting me ride his KLR.I guess I should change my user name to Squeaky leeroy.Thanks to Mark and Sarah for the Comedy relief.Hope you are feeling good Sarah.I will quit now as this is way past my personel guideline on the length of a post.

dbdolan said:
Good reports and pics, so no one did any water crossings?:lol2:

None that I know of, and Scott and Hugh would be the only water crossing candidates on this trip. Did you guys sneak one or two in there at the back of the pack??

Speaking of Hugh (vfrhugh): There's nothing quite so demoralizing as pushing your liter class street bike through a corner at a high rate of speed, thinking "wow, I'm really cookin' though this corner, and look how fast and smooth I am", and then getting passed on the outside by Hugh on a knobby-clad Katoom thumper.:giveup: Hugh, I bow before you.:hail: I'm not worthy.:hail:

At least this time you weren't snapping photos as you passed.;-):lol2:

leeroy said:
I guess I should change my user name to Squeaky leeroy.

:rofl:
I've taught you well, young master bad bad leeroy brown!

Beth and I had a great trip also! We left Mont Belvieu Thursday and stopped in Greenville to visit relatives. Our hotel room had this photo by the room number. I took it as a good omen.
4849.jpg

We arrived in Eureka Springs early enough for me to make a quick run to Ozark and back before dark. Since it was not the best road conditions for the VFR I took the KTM. I came upon the aftermath of a small twister about 20 miles South of Eureka Springs. I doubt it felt to small the family living in the house.
4855.jpg

Here are a few pictures of folks leaving the Swiss Inn Saturday morning
4860.jpg

4861.jpg

4862.jpg

4863.jpg

4864.jpg

4865.jpg

4866.jpg

4867.jpg

The squid machine
4872.jpg

4874.jpg

Noel, MO 2006
4876.jpg

Noel, MO 2003
3610.jpg

I almost got out of Arkansas unscathed but Monday morning revealed this on the passenger side door.
4885.jpg

At least I know they broke their taillight. My trip cost went up a little. Don’t ya just hate that first door ding!!

Thanks again great trip and kudos’ to Matt for the hard work. I really do appreciate the effort that went into the trip. Thanks also to Matt’s helpers on the trip.
Hugh:rider:

really wanted to thank all the people who organized the rally ye ha,i was bumed to find out thursday i would have to be at work monday,but decided i would get seat time going to and fro.all the people were great,i knew know one when i got there ,but all were great folks.i really enjoyed the ride sat.thanks to the people i rode up with friday. will have to be practiced up for the next time. the guys i rode with sat.were very talented.i never got close enough to hugh to learn from him.thanks for the great ride and all the great people,sorry i did not remember everones names. ps watch out for deer early in am,or late afternoon.had to do a brake check sunday in am on the way home
mark

I am jealous of you all.
Glad Sarah came out of it in good shape overall. I dont think I can look at the pics of the lil hawk tho. heh.

Glad everyone came thru the trip well. Rain or shine Arkansas can be fun to ride. I remember riding the pig trail in the evening in a rain storm and an 18 wheeler in front of me and one behind me. It was actually a fun ride in the wet and dark

Man, I was gonna post up about wanting the lil hawk if they get rid of it, but I thought it may be too soon to ask. heh
Oh well, if it happens to be available, I may be interested in the lil hawk or even parts if it comes to that.

Vaughn

:tab The Squid Machine really does alter your DNA and cause tentacles to start wiggling out from under your jacket... It does not help that there is no speedo or tach, so you are really flying by the seat of your pants... I do think I squirted a little black cloud at one turn though... :wary: :oops: Chasing down the group on Matt's "not a wrong turn" was a real hoot :twisted:

If anyone has pics of my bike, I would love a copy. Mark didn't get any pics (he wasn't sure if I wanted proof or not);-)

Thanks Vaughn, we will keep you in mind.

Anyone know anything about the Honda 599?

Sarah, I have lots of pics of your bike along with gawking bystanders and what appears to a woman who just lost a mud-wrestling competition.

I will get them uploaded to my computer tonight.

FJRMike said:
Sarah, I have lots of pics of your bike along with gawking bystanders and what appears to a women who just lost a mud-wrestling competition.

I will get them uploaded to my computer tonight.

Cool, thanks :)

FJRMike said:
man, that blue FJR really looks fast - even while sitting still!!

Yeah, but check out that ZRX. That dude is movin'! ;-)

pacman1 said:
Yeah, but check out that ZRX. That dude is movin'! ;-)

After calculating the number of frames per second and the distance traveled...I come up with 24.7 mph! :lol2: :trust:

BTW, I'll PM you later tonight.

-Jon-

Yeah, but check out that ZRX. That dude is movin'!

ehhh--

It's really all about the guy on the GS...No, I mean the RC... No, I mean the other guy on the GS & the RC...No, not BOTH guys on the GS...

Aw heck. It was really somebody who rode the Katoom.

leeroy said:
I will not post the picture I have of the nameless one picking up a black GS

The photographic evidence supports the theory that I was not involved in the events that didn't happen.

Jon The Buddha said:
After calculating the number of frames per second and the distance traveled...I come up with 24.7 mph! :lol2: :trust:

BTW, I'll PM you later tonight.

-Jon-

Darn, I was hoping no one would figure that out! Just for that comment, no rent money for you!:lol2:

And btw, my speed was 25.7. I want every mph I can get.;-);-)

Back