• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

James river loop today.

Joe Fink met me and my son, Daniel, this morning and we headed North towards Crockett on backroads. As soon as we got On the other side of the Trinity River, the roads got nice and sandy! This is especially true around Lovelady. We eventually wound up in Crockett for lunch at the Moosehead Cafe. We met another TWT member while there and he suggested we head over towards Houston County Lake. We made a big loop, running dirt roads almost the whole way and they were fantastic roads! We saw a low of 54F leaving this morning with fog as we crossed the Trinity River, but it cleared and warmed as we got into the woods, reaching a high of around 73F! It turned into a beautiful day! Did I mention the sand? Yeah, it was loose and deep in places, but loads of fun. Getting over the gravel pile starting from a dead stop in freshly graded sand just a few feet from the pile was a hoot! All told, I did about 220 miles or so. Joe had to tack on the ride up and back from Conroe, maybe another 75-80 miles. I am whooped!

Too cool. Jealous. Love me some East Texas...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The really sandy section where we encountered the dump truck and grader was due West of Lovelady. The whole area W and SW of Lovelady has some great sand roads!

Drove 1000 miles to Florida for Christmas, no bike as it was a quick out-n-back, just to get away from everything at home...

Got a “Merry Christmas” text message from an old co-worker/riding buddy of mine, we exchanged pleasantries and he says he’s in Florida visiting family, no bike as he was camping with the wife and she don’t ride.

Turns out he was 15 minutes away from where I was staying!!! so I had to stop by for a visit on my return trip.

Just proves it’s a really small world…
And yes, he has a better beard than mine!

Post war 50's, 60's municipal school architecture ⬆ . There were lots of schools built like this including the ones I remember from my childhood in the 70s.

Had those old crank out windows. I remember them well. We didn't have A/C in the 50 and 60's in elementary school. Cranked open those windows. I know i would stare out them and drift off and get in trouble for no paying attention i class.

Had those old crank out windows. I remember them well. We didn't have A/C in the 50 and 60's in elementary school. Cranked open those windows. I know i would stare out them and drift off and get in trouble for no paying attention i class.
Ha, the heat, the windows, the constant drone of the big electric fan, and teachers , put me fast asleep in hot sweaty Mississippi. Circa 1974-79 or so. At 52, I'm still the same way if I sit still long enough I can drift off to never-never land

Reactions: my6
Those old crank out windows do bring back one particular memory of a warm Spring day in Freshman Algebra class. The teacher/coach was grading papers and not paying attention to the class, or so I thought. I crumpled up a sheet of paper and made an over the shoulder hook shot through one of those fold out windows. For that, I was rewarded with what Coach called "a brain stimulation". Which amounted to reach over and grab your ankles, followed by 5 swats with a 4" wide X 2' long board with holes drilled in it for aerodynamic effects. Each swat sounded like a major league, out of the park, home run. My kids still don't believe teachers were allowed to bust us like that...

I was going to write one of those, our kids don't know how good they had it, posts. But that's what my dad used to tell me.

The Cushmans have the Vanguard motor conversion they will run away from a Mustang. The Mustang was not very reliable. But they sure look good.

Went out for a morning ride to get the gsa inspected. Made a big circle and hit some dirt roads in Gonzales county. A light shower knocked down the dust and made the paved sections slippery.

Found out the old county bridge on cr232 has been shut down. I guess @Aspear will be out here soon to survey for a boring concrete bridge.

Finally back to Nixon and passed inspection with flying colors. Ready for another year of day rides.:rider:

Back