• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride 'n Hike

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
Hey, guys. Well, as I'm getting my lungs & legs acclimated to living at Denver altitudes, I thought I'd try my first Ride 'n Hike. I rode to a destination about 40 miles west of Centennial - specifically the Maxwell Falls Trailhead.

I enjoyed a nice ride out, mostly on secondary roads, parked the VStrom, strapped on my hiking gear, and started walking on what was intended to be a nice little 4-mile round trip hike to the falls. Unfortunately, the last half mile of the trail was closed for reforestation - a noble cause, but it messed up my picture taking, as I never even saw the falls. Also, although the fall color is quite good this year, there was very little at the trail altitude (8,200 ft); it was mostly past its prime.

Still, I'm including a few pix that I snapped at the trailhead & on the short hike. Additionally, I'm including a Google Maps link of the route there & back. Also, there's a link to a 3-minute video I made, showing some of the highlights of the ride. Watch the mule deer yearling that appears from the right, at 2:10. Yes, I was covering my brake lever.

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/2aqMVzT8Vs4SyyYg7

Video Youtube link:

Attachments

• 2020-1013 - Maxwell Falls walk (1).JPG
    2020-1013 - Maxwell Falls walk (1).JPG
    399.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 2020-1013 - Maxwell Falls walk (5).JPG
    2020-1013 - Maxwell Falls walk (5).JPG
    430 KB · Views: 194
  • 2020-1013 - Maxwell Falls walk (6).JPG
    2020-1013 - Maxwell Falls walk (6).JPG
    496.4 KB · Views: 195
I know the name from the forum. And I'm aware of at least a couple of other folks up here either in Denver or Colorado Springs.

I know the name from the forum. And I'm aware of at least a couple of other folks up here either in Denver or Colorado Springs.
Jason (Poser) moved up to CS as well. Ya'll should have a Colorado TWT Pie run. :D

Yeah, I knew Jason was up here. We've never met - I'll have to look him up sometime

Thanks, Danny. Music by Andrew White. It should be no surprise that I have a rather large collection of acoustic guitar music.

Last edited:
Back