• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Another month, another bike inspection.
097526A0-B9CD-4678-BC35-5CEE928B4E3C.jpeg

interestingly, he only checked the rear of both my bikes. Never checked front blinkers, horn, or high beams. :shrug:

That mudhole is a bummer. Definitely turnaround spot for me.

It is not uncommon for about 100 yards of that road to be underwater, but passable because the bottom was relatively firm and not slippery. This "hole" is something new... I briefly considered walking the bike across, but was unwilling to even attempt it after walking a short way out into the mud and seeing how slick it was!

Took advantage of the nice weather to get out for a quick ride. Hit one of the few tiny dirt roads in Guadalupe County (that I have found so far). Only about a mile long but still fun to get off the pavement for a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpg
    IMG_1287.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 158
Took advantage of the nice weather to get out for a quick ride. Hit one of the few tiny dirt roads in Guadalupe County (that I have found so far). Only about a mile long but still fun to get off the pavement for a bit.
Nice. Which road was it?

Nice. Which road was it?

It's called Emmons road on Google but I could have sworn it is called Elmons on the road signs. Between Union WIne and Altwein. There's also Hardy road a little further up Union Wine. You can make a little loop out of it.

That mud road looks like what Thrill-Billy and I rode through sometime back, but we were around east of Jacksonville somewhere.
Don't think we ever posted that ride.
Really enjoyed riding with him.

It's called Emmons road on Google but I could have sworn it is called Elmons on the road signs. Between Union WIne and Altwein. There's also Hardy road a little further up Union Wine. You can make a little loop out of it.
Groovy! I haven't ridden the North-West quadrant of Guadalupe County in a while, but glad you found that stretch of gravel. There are few more gravel roads in the county, mostly in the South-Eastern quadrant. @Jarret has recently moved to the area and is organizing weekend rides. (not exclusively Guadalupe County, but still awesome). Follow his thread for some great, group ride opportunities for exploring in the area.

Not unlike the Comal River being the shortest river in the world, the best stretch of dirt/gravel in Guadalupe County (but only after a good rain) is Boyd Road. It is just short of 1/2 mile, but is also the gateway to a wonderful, paved road known as Nockennut Rd.

Groovy! I haven't ridden the North-West quadrant of Guadalupe County in a while, but glad you found that stretch of gravel. There are few more gravel roads in the county, mostly in the South-Eastern quadrant. @Jarret has recently moved to the area and is organizing weekend rides. (not exclusively Guadalupe County, but still awesome). Follow his thread for some great, group ride opportunities for exploring in the area.

Not unlike the Comal River being the shortest river in the world, the best stretch of dirt/gravel in Guadalupe County (but only after a good rain) is Boyd Road. It is just short of 1/2 mile, but is also the gateway to a wonderful, paved road known as Nockennut Rd.

Nockennut looks pretty nice! I will have to head down there soon. I wanted to go on the ride they had yesterday but I had a family event going on. Hopefully I can tag along with another one here pretty soon.

8AA026C8-80B6-48E0-9D08-F712BFFF45D9.jpeg

Buddy wanted seafood today so met up and had a very windy ride to Rockport. We missed a turn and ended up crossing a field to get back to the main road.

229660EE-12D7-421F-8A51-1019DBC41E05.jpeg

The Fulton pier is re opened and looks real nice.

9ACE1F68-3629-428C-84EB-7483331B2F11.jpeg

Last stop before the windy ride home was The Big Tree.

765E8633-740D-4986-AFD7-07743DAC88E1.jpeg

E8063767-2542-4B4C-90A2-E9FE4FA2BAB7.jpeg

View attachment 285717
Breakfast in Waxahachie with some buddies from Dallas. Took a photo of this old Theatre across from the court house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My hometown, very familiar with that place. My brother used to work there in the late 70's/early 80's. I got to help out, which basically meant free popcorn and movies.

Saw countless movies there including the original Star Wars trilogy. I believe I watched Return of the Jedi, 12 or 13 times in that theater as a kid.

Later they reopened it as a music venue and our band played there a few times in 2011 before it shut down again.

Great memories.

1612730644742.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back