• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Monday, boy its was nice out!

Duke

Reaction score
First Name
Duke
Well I came to work today on the bike and was pretty good at making people think I am actually working at my desk, all the while looking out the window and seeing blue skies

122157758-L.jpg

So about 1:30 pm I have had enough and I am going to go tour some rig sites and check out their compliance. Yeah thats it, compliance inspections, that is what I am going to go do.... the urge to go play Safety Man has nothing to do with the urge to go ride.

I leave the office and head out.....
122157764-L.jpg

I hit the beltway and then down to Rosenburg where I am getting close to one of our Rigs...
122157776-L.jpg

I arrive the rig and do a very quick walk around and talk with our crews.
122157788-L.jpg

Then hit the road again, this time I am heading down to Goliad, TX.
122157781-L.jpg

The weather was PERFECT. Mid to high 50's and no wind. Heading down HWY 59 was boring, but it was the quickest route.
122157827-L.jpg

I get to Goliad and then head north on 183
122157829-L.jpg

Then get off on 119.
122157836-L.jpg

I eventually get to Weesatche, TX (can't pronounce it though)
122157843-L.jpg

122157849-L.jpg

It is in Weesatche, TX that I turn onto FM 884, and what a treat it was, curve after curve with a couple of fairly quick switchbacks.

An example of a curve on FM 884
122157842-L.jpg

Eventually I turn off onto the lease road and make my way to the rig.
122157852-L.jpg

It is right at 6pm and that is when shift change takes place, so I get to speak a little during the pre-tour safety meeting and then tour the rig then head out, about 8pm or so.
122157956-L.jpg

It got pretty cool as it got later, just after leaving the rig it was 46 degrees
122157964-L.jpg

And by the time I got home it was 38. I tried getting a hotel room in Cuero, and Halletsville, but no vacancy, and by the time I hit I-10, I said just keep going to the house.

So, 400 miles and I got paid to ride, that made this particular Monday a really good day... even though I had to work late :trust:

Last edited:
SWEET! :clap:

I'm going to have to check out 884 on my way to Goliad.

I don't like you! :thpt:

congrats on having a job that you CAN do that! :thumb:

I love the reflections in this image from your window... subtle but neat.

122157758-L.jpg

This is very cool too... the slight blur gives it a neat look. Life has passed these buildings by and it shows in the blur ;-)
122157849-L.jpg

I eventually get to Weesatche, TX (can't pronounce it though)
122157843-L.jpg

Great pics and a great ride on a 'work day' ;-) :clap:

The locals all pronounce it 'WEE satch' as I recall from my days around there dove hunting....

DaveC said:
So you didn't get by the dance hall while in Weesatche?

Was it the old school house that looks like it is now a "community center" on the north side of 884 just to the east of 119?

Drove by it after dark, but there were a bunch of cars outside.

Thanks for the link. I love reading the history of old towns like that.

Back