• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRAG WARS!! DFW Twtexers get down and dirty on the strip.

i was there as well me, the misses and kids... i was the guy that mamma would not let me run the mini van... :)

I got you on the list now, Jeff. Glad you made it. :thumb:

cool to see everyone and it was cool to see that everyone was having a blast... the Aprilia's were running strong... :)

Yes, the Apes were strong, but there was this darn ZRX that kept beating them. :scratch:

:lol2:

What an awesome time! Thanks to everybody who came out, and I hope everybody had a great time. I'll post who I remember....please chime in if I missed you.

Well now, I guess I don't need to post up my pictures that I took of you since I wasn't there!!!:rofl:

kudos to Bill for providing mobile secure storage and moral support! :hail:

i think after last night and having a good time just relaxing at the track i will get to work on the drag bike... once its running i will figure out how to transplant a busa motor and turbo... :)

here is the drag bike the last time it was together... i think i am going to repaint it all factory colors it has a few spots where it was damaged in the trailer...

Attachments

• drag_bike.jpg
    drag_bike.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 213
i think after last night and having a good time just relaxing at the track i will get to work on the drag bike... once its running i will figure out how to transplant a busa motor and turbo... :)

I've got a better idea. Put it back together, sell it to me, and you go build a turbo busa. :trust:

dont worry man i plan on using your services quite a bit so you will get a spin on her... :)

I got you on the list now, Jeff. Glad you made it. :thumb:

Yes, the Apes were strong, but there was this darn ZRX that kept beating them. :scratch:

:lol2:

Yeah yeah, but ahem... who had low et of our pack? :trust:
Apes for the win!

You were just lucky my narcolepsey decided to flare up when I was runnin' ya..:lol2:

next time grasshoppa, next time..:mrgreen:

Seriously, you were doing very well and a few more runs under your belt and I bet you eclipse my best time.

Now we need some pictures in this thread so we can have some of the pictures from the D/FW drag team in the banner rotation on TWT :mrgreen:

Speaking of VFRs... the last two runs of the night were with Nathan. VFR to VFR. What a blast! We both won... literally, each took a race. The final that he won was the closest margin of victory on my time slips. 0.0071 seconds margin. Talk about a close race. It was probably not recorded since it was late and dark. Even though it was a loss for the old bike it was my favorite pass down the track tonight. Close races are just great. I was ahead just a bit (a bit being about half a bike length) at the start with a holeshot, then the speed of the 800 overtook the 750. We were virtually even at mid track. Differential speed in the finish line traps was only 0.34 m.p.h. I would estimate that my front wheel was about 3 feet behind his back wheel as we crossed the finish line.

All I can say is :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We all need to do this again!
That last race was great!! I don't know how far back you were at all, I know I could still see you out of the corner of my eye and I was looking at the time board so you weren't far at all. You'd have had me if your bike hadn't bogged at the start

First run was against Nathan. Hmmm... should I do a burnout? Probably not. The Triumph is a pig to pick up off the tarmack. Ease up to the first orange post. The first staging light lights up with an increase in the adrenalin. Ease forward 7" and the 2nd staging light is lit, along with the pounding in my ears. Run the RPM's up to 4k and get ready for that last yellow.

Yee-haw we're off. :lol2:
C'mon baby, give me more. Dang that blue streak to my left edging forward.

R/T .060
60' 2.068
330 5.428
MPH 68.83
1/8 8.183
MPH 88.53

Until next time, 1TallTxn. 20 lbs lighter--you're mine. :lol2:
your RT had me flat on ALL of my runs! :giveup:
I was really expecting to get smoked by your S3. glad you didn't have a camera on my face when I got to the line first it would look something like this :eek:

The audio is great :lol2:
I'll have to get my XL1s fixed and bring it out next time.

As for my time slips, of the four runs, I only got three slips and I feel my first RT was the best.

Best RT: .152 (3) :argh:
best 60': 2.078 (3)
best 330': 5.293 (4)
best ET: 7.950 (4)
best MPH: 91.55 (4)

Oddly, the last run had the worst RT but the best ET, guess the launch was better, just took me longer to do it :giveup:

So when we doing this again? :rider: :dude:

Nathan, you are correct, RT has absolutetly no effect on ET. you are enlightened.. :zen:

I have to beat people over the head to get it sometimes.

I can sit there for 5 minutes and until I break the start line beam, the clock's not going, and I still get what ever I would run just the same as if I had left normally.

You are a good student.

Nathan, you are correct, RT has absolutetly no effect on ET. you are enlightened.. :zen:

I have to beat people over the head to get it sometimes.

I can sit there for 5 minutes and until I break the start line beam, the clock's not going, and I still get what ever I would run just the same as if I had left normally.

You are a good student.
hey I got something right! :lol2:

That is correct sir, for example,the last race with Wayne I had I was actually a bit quicker but he chopped the tree down on me and I couldn't beat him across the line.

That was David, he's not a registered member, but he is a co-worker of Squidward (John) and outlaw_king (Jeffro). :mrgreen:

And he is officially hooked. He said his ole lady wasn't happy when he showed her the time slip, but now she wants to come spectate the next event. Yes, I think we should make this a semi regular occurrence. I vote for a Sunday setting next time....get some good daylight running.

Yeah yeah, but ahem... who had low et of our pack? :trust:
Apes for the win!

You were just lucky my narcolepsey decided to flare up when I was runnin' ya..:lol2:

next time grasshoppa, next time..:mrgreen:

Seriously, you were doing very well and a few more runs under your belt and I bet you eclipse my best time.

I know you're gonna spank me if I race you again, but oh well, I like a good spankin! :trust:

I understand what you and Nate are saying about RT vs ET, but there's just something about crossing the line ahead of your opponent. Doesn't mean much, but it sure feels great!

Here are some more pics. Some of these might be nice for the front page banner. Don's pics should be coming up later today as well. This is definitely the most well documented TWT event I've attended! Way to go guys.

These photos are courtesy of Hank's friend Mark. I have the hi-res versions if anybody wants them.

DSC_4347.jpg

DSC_4348.jpg

DSC_4349.jpg

DSC_4350.jpg

DSC_4351.jpg

DSC_4352.jpg

DSC_4353.jpg

DSC_4366.jpg

DSC_4367.jpg

DSC_4368.jpg

DSC_4369.jpg

DSC_4377.jpg

DSC_4378.jpg

DSC_4379.jpg

DSC_4380.jpg

DSC_4389.jpg

DSC_4390.jpg

yup the big ape that was there needs some NO DOZE... before he goes to the track again... :)

The dude on the sporty was having a blast. I think he gets the "having more fun than should be legal" award of the night. That's what it's all about, man.:rider: :dude:

Tourmeister, we need a burnout smilie, man.

Back