• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sealy Shakedown Ride

thumper

Inactive Member
Reaction score
First Name
tim
I've been fixing up my DRZ for the Recon Ride...front tire, countershaft seal, and a few other small items. With only a couple of weeks left before the ride, I needed to put some miles on my repairs...especially the seal.

Chango [James in Sealy] mentioned that he had just finished rebuilding his R80GS and wanted to do a shakedown and also discuss the Recon Ride. Along with us would be Rccline [Robert] on his farkled and beyond 1200GS and a flat track guy [Dave] on his Triumph 950 Scrambler.

Now this mix of bikes seemed a little strange and so did the thought of DSing around Sealy, but what the heck, it was a chance to check out the bikes and talk about the ride.:rider:

sealy066.jpg

Dave and Richard waiting on the train.

sealy067.jpg

Heading out to the ride.

sealy046.jpg

Over the shoulder pic.:-P

James and Dave have some really cool roads out there.
sealy021.jpg

And some pretty neat water crossings.:trust:
sealy018.jpg

Richard on his super sweet GS.;-)
sealy016.jpg

James and Dave riding the riverbed.
sealy005.jpg

The Mighty R80GS in action.:clap:
sealy038.jpg

sealy036.jpg

sealy039.jpg

Playing in the woods.
sealy037.jpg

sealy022.jpg

Where's the big GS?....I don't know maybe he didn't see that last fork.:rider:
sealy019.jpg

Checking out the riverbed.
sealy024.jpg

Lunch Stop!:eat:
sealy017.jpg

Working off the groceries. I think Dave was setting up James for a payback rock-peltting in this turn. He slid the big scrambler right underneath and kindly reminded him of the gravel!:lol2:
sealy003.jpg

The skies were getting dark and we were supposed to meet some other Recon Riders back at James' place.
sealy049.jpg

sealy058.jpg

sealy048.jpg

The other riders never showed after we rode in the rain to get back on time!:argh: But all was not in vain. I got a tour of James' Dad's private collection of some very cool bikes.:clap: Some of the names I'd never heard of, but he's got eighty something different brands/models and I think well over a 100 bikes!:eek2:
sealy044.jpg

sealy043.jpg

sealy055.jpg

sealy053.jpg

sealy051.jpg

sealy050.jpg

sealy062.jpg

And my favorite...a 1953 Trials Bike!:clap: Checkout that RIGID FRAME!:eek2:
sealy065.jpg

It was a great ride and I learned alot about vintage bikes. Thanks guys...see ya at the border!:rider:

Last edited:
Thank's for the report Thumper. Didn't know pigs could fly! :eek2:

Looks like Chango could really handle that old BMW. :rider:

James dad has an unbelievable collection - Sweet :clap:

Looks like Chango could really handle that old BMW. :rider:

James dad has an unbelievable collection - Sweet :clap:

Yeah Chuck you missed a fun ride. It is kinda strange seeing that Beemer off the ground, but it does a pretty dang good job of it.:clap:

James' Dad also rode some really old iron all the way to Guatemala and back!:thumb:

Thanks db, hope we'll do some good ones soon. I really had my eye on that turquiose Mexican Carabela #132. It'd fit right in on the Recon Ride!;-) Already got the flag and all. Probably blow any checkpoint without a hassle!:trust: Viva La Mexico!:flip:

Last edited:
Tim , Good Report !!!! I believe everyone had a good ride. David has even ordered a replacement headlight lens and ROCKGUARD !!:eek2: I was digging rocks and pebbles out of my teeth, helmet, and my jacket zipper was jammed with grit and sand.

See Everyone in Mexico !!!!

Excellent report ! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great pics !!!

I really enjoyed it and am a little envious !!

Mike Green

Rman,

Correct on the location. Rode with James and Dave a few weeks back they showed me some great roads, I just thought I knew the area. Both are excellent riders.

I had no idea there was so much DS fun to be had in the Sealy area! :ponder:

Another ?? That's the old Cummins Creek bridge on Haw Creek Road right before you hit 954 at 389 right?? HaHa! Look me up next time you're in the Round Top area.:rider:

Close enough , its the Rail Bridge at the low water crossing near "Kovar".
The other crossing South of Fayettville near the old mill dam .
Likewise , look us up if your in Sealy .

James

James,
Glad to see they let you back in. How was Mexico?
Thanks for showing us those routes I've rode them several times since.

Donnie

OK, I'm leaving in the next hour to run the route and will try to post it later.

Back