• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

E. TX, DS Ride, 1/26-7/08 Moscow-Geneva 'n back

Some highlights:

Staging. See me leaned over while balancing on one foot.... :doh:
(third helmet from the right, white fender/number plate/knuckle covers)
248120225-M.jpg

Hmm. I see a bike, but where's the rider? :scratch:
248120365-M.jpg

Oh, there he is! Went for a swim it seems. :lol2:
248120503-M.jpg

Danny's bike seems to like being in the back of the truck. His wife doesn't.
248120614-M.jpg

The folks at Harborlight catered FOR us and TO us all weekend. They made it very clear they enjoyed having the group stay there, and they're looking forward to hosting us again in the future. :clap:
248120845-M.jpg

The fire was roaring all night and brought out great conversation, story telling, and joke-telling...
248120689-M.jpg

Bud Light cans melt slower than Miller Light cans apparently...
248121006-M.jpg

Do I hear banjos? :trust:
248121135-M.jpg

Have we mentioned the mud?
248120122-M.jpg

248121274-M.jpg

248121414-M.jpg

As the weekend was coming to a close, the sun finally appeared. :sun:
248121509-M.jpg

Just a few teasers from me before bedtime.....

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

And my trusty steed that didn't let me fall down one time, despite how fast I made her go through all the big water holes!
IMG_1659.jpg

This is exciting. I would loved to have been on that ride, but only if I could pick and choose the good stuff.:rofl:

I hope everyone had knobbies mounted.....mud and dry sand...yuk! I'm sorry, but the mud just does not look fun to me. I guess I'm just wimpy or scarrrrrred.:)

Glad y'all had a good time and no one got hurt. Believe it or not, I did worry about you all this weekend while we were out riding under the warm sunny Hill Country skies.;-)

th_MVI_0037.jpg

Its only sideways till i realize it...... but th good part is right... :rider:

Oh and what you can't see, right infront of where his bike went down was about a 6ft drop off..... had he not laid the bike down... well.....

The bike hit the ground, but at least I didn't! (and how many of the the guys can say THAT about this weekend?!?!?)

I hit the ground and the bike didn't. It was all T-dub's fault. I think she was a little angry with me.

Ya know, spending over 20+ years in Maine and Oregon mud........y'all can have it.

I'm glad y'all had a good time, but I'm sure glad I wasn't there. :mrgreen:

Ya know, spending over 20+ years in Maine and Oregon mud........y'all can have it.

I'm glad y'all had a good time, but I'm sure glad I wasn't there. :mrgreen:

We had a blast playing, in the mud, sand, clay, and water.

It is all part of dual sporting. Riding around on hard dirt roads all the time is boring.

Best of all, nobody complained of any dust all weekend!:rofl:

The mighty KLR now has a leaking left fork seal. We tied mine down real tight so that the handle bars we clear each other. Looks like I have some maintenance to do, after I get the mud off.

I see your left seal and raise you a right seal.... Tech Day?

248124088-L.jpg

Home safe and tired. Spent $12 (23 minutes) at the local car wash and the Golf Cart is still not clean.

I know what happens on the ride stays on the ride so that means I can post this one, since the ride did not start for another 20 minutes :rofl:

CopyofIMG_2665.jpg

We had a blast playing, in the mud, sand, clay, and water.

It is all part of dual sporting. Riding around on hard dirt roads all the time is boring.

This is true... I started to get really, really bored when the roads started to stay hard packed for too long. Then when it got nastier, I was like a kid in a candy shop.:trust:

For those of you that didn't go, live with the regret. It was an awesome ride. There isn't much in the way of scenery; once you've seen 100,000 pine trees you've pretty much seen them all. However, the roads require 100% attention becaue they can go from 60mph hard=packed loam to deep sand to mud to railroad ballast in 10 feet, and in no predicatble order.

Tha white clay mudpit was some kind of slick.

Raul deserves special recognition for making it through the first day on his V-Strom, and he is a beginner offroad!!! Way to go, Raul!

I think Raul wins the "Most Cylinders" award! :clap:

I would never have even thought to take my Strom out there - he is much braver than I and no matter what the road ahead was like he always had a smile on his face.

Trainman just wanted to say he had a great time and thanks to everyone who helped get the bike off me in the sandpit, I though I was going to have to dig myself out.

John

I would never have even thought to take my Strom out there - he is much braver than I and no matter what the road ahead was like he always had a smile on his face.

Ignorance (not bravery) is the key to happiness.

I had a blast. Thanks for putting this together and for their patience to the guys (and gal) in my group.

By the end of the day I was pretty worn out but I was getting better at trusting the bike while fishtailing through the mud. With an experienced rider, the V-strom would do pretty well. The TKC-80 worked great.

I didnt have much time to take pictures but here are the few.

IMGP0820.jpg

IMGP0822.jpg

IMGP0823.jpg

Even good rider had misshap. That was conforting :zen:
IMGP0824.jpg

IMGP0825.jpg

IMGP0826.jpg

IMGP0828.jpg

IMGP0831.jpg

I was not able to stay the second day. I am flying in few hours and I am still packing and cheking the reservation... also, I was pretty worn out after the first day

Even good rider had misshap. That was conforting :zen:
IMGP0824.jpg

IMGP0825.jpg

That stuff looks slicker than greased owl snot.

Dang I've got to get my bike street legal or by street legal dirt bike. That looked like too much fun y'all were having out there.

I would like to have a video of the thoughts that went thru a certain riders mind when he became separated from his bike on the bridge... :eek2:

Back