• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Dualsport Ride

Better?

p3090199sac2.jpg

Yep....bored at work working on polar flight planning...every little bit helps. thanks :clap:

Thanks all, especially Scott for a great weekend. My bike needs some serious cleaning, the t-mod, and replacement of my tweeked handle-bars. Video to come - it's well worth the wait!!

Think I did it in the narrow stream crossing on day 1. :doh: Didn't notice until the start of day 2 when we were back on the slab. At present my riding skills leave much to be desired.

Cant wait to get the new fuel tank in. Then maybe I can start going on some of these little jaunts.

cause the one on the dr is just to friggin small, hehe. Blip the throttle a couple times and it's time to fill up again. got the 6.6 on the way.

Scott, AWESOME riding out there - I can't thank you enough for setting this up and leading us through some great scenery, obstacles, and fun!

264043551_7jwks-O.jpg

264043793_iG8pc-O.jpg

cause the one on the dr is just to friggin small, hehe. Blip the throttle a couple times and it's time to fill up again. got the 6.6 on the way.

I have a stock tank on my DRZ400 and it made it...2 gallons woohoo!...Just come out and there will probably be a KLR nearby to siphon some gas out of

hehe, yeah. I am working on turning the dr into an ADV bike. Bigger tank, new lighting, ammo can pans, you get the idea. Once the tank is installed then I wont feel like such a burden on these jaunts. Then its just a matter of everyone waiting on me while I continually pick my bike back up.

hehe, yeah. I am working on turning the dr into an ADV bike. Bigger tank, new lighting, ammo can pans, you get the idea. Once the tank is installed then I wont feel like such a burden on these jaunts. Then its just a matter of everyone waiting on me while I continually pick my bike back up.

Also, the guys with bigger tanks on this trip only filled up halfway anyways to keep the bike from being top heavy...hope the tank situation isnt the only thing that kept you from going on this ride:trust:

Yeah, believe it or not. 2 gallons of gas just seems like I am a potential drain. Even if I only fill the big tank halfway, that would still give me in effect an extra 50-75 miles range, or, 3 more throttle blips, hehe. I almost came anyway and strapped a 1 gallon gas can onto the rack, but reason took over and told me that wouldnt be a real good idea, hehe.

Im working on the video...... Showing no Mercy! :-P

I hope someone got video of me during the big river crossing huh?

What's funny was watching as Scott would get behind a bike and get sprayed and splattered byt a spinning back tire. As if on cue!

264038561_UboeP-O.jpg

Richard does his best "I'm a tree" mime presentation

264039480_FkCS7-O.jpg

:popcorn: Good stuff, I was riding around Jasper all weekend, I should have tracked y'all down.

Richard needs a doo-dad. :lol2:
I think I'm going to make everyone on this ride one for Xmas.

264039509_zBK4m-O.jpg

Scott...thanks for helping me with my bike right there.

For those that werent there, that ledge to the right of the DRZ is a drop off into a 4+ foot of creek. Those rocks were slick!(as you can see in one of many videos that I'm sure will be posted). My bike literally slid probably 20 ft. from it's original spot on the bank.

I still can't understand how you did all this on street tires...

264039189_RMabK-O.jpg

For those that werent there, that ledge to the right of the DRZ is a drop off into a 4+ foot of creek. Those rocks were slick!(as you can see in one of many videos that I'm sure will be posted). My bike literally slid probably 30-50 ft. from it's original spot on the bank.

The "big picture" showing the ledge and murky waters that wanted someone to go swimming at the bottom...

264038661_cUTio-O.jpg

Back