• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fellowship ride from Liberty Hill to LLano

Reaction score
Sunday was the first official run of the Fellowship Riders. We met in the Fellowship Baptist Church parking lot after church. We had 12 bikes with 6 riding 2 up. We also had six chase cars with kids and friends. In all, we had around 48 people on the ride.

Interesting note...there were three guys wearing the Olympia Air Mesh II in neon yellow...all are Paramedics in Austin. What does that tell you?

Bikesbeforetrip.jpg

Kurt had a GPS so he was elected Ride Captain. After a safety briefing and a prayer for safety, we headed out. We headed west on RR 1869 and took a left on FM 1174. We then took a right on FM 1431 through Marble Falls. We hit all the lights just right and never really got separated. We went on towards Kingsland and then Kurt pulled over in and waved us up. It seems he and his GPS were in a heated disagreement. Then, his GPS pitched a fit and dumped the route. Several other guys had GPS units but no one could get the route programmed. Good thing Bill had a map!

We headed on into LLano and pulled into Cooper's. What a site! There were tons of bikes there. The line was long but we had a good time in the parking lot just hanging out.

GrouppicplotatCoopers.jpg

hangingout1.jpg

Cross trainer and The Colonel

Bikerbuds.jpg

This is my wife Cristina and this was her first ride. After the first 60 miles on the Nomad, I have been fully authorized to find and purchase a custom seat.

PastorsBikerBabe.jpg

Cristina and the General (Rex's wife Susan)

Bikerbabes.jpg

This is Rick's boss...she rode 2 up on his new wing but has her own new VTX 1300.

DebbyCox.jpg

The Gilmores

Gilmores.jpg

My very own biker chicks...

FellowshipBikerChicks.jpg

Who said it can't be a family event?

BikerKids.jpg

No, you can't ride the wing on the way back!

Dude-canIborrowyourwing.jpg

Waiting in line

BarBQuecomestothosewhowait.jpg

We finally got inside and enjoyed some great food. Here are Kurt and Rhonda...

KurtandRhondaBrown.jpg

and Bill with the Gainer boys...

BillNeedleswithtehGainerboys.jpg

and Wes and Jan...

Wesandjan.jpg

My two favorite things...

Michaelstwofavoritethings.jpg

After stuffing ourselves with Bar B Que and cobbler (if you haven't had Cooper's cobbler, stop reading this forum, get on your bike, and ride, ride, ride!) we headed back down Highway 29 to Liberty Hill.

We had a great time and we will be making this a monthly event! Check the upcoming rides section and the Fellowship Baptist Church website for dates and times

fellowship-riders---1.gif

I see Bill still hasn't escaped from the kid's table. :-P That was a nice "Bumble Wee" he bought. That yellow really stands out.

So... what was Kurt riding & where are the pictures of his "Flavor of the Month"?

I figured out the GPS problem. Marble Falls was listed as a via point and Mapsource picked a point two blocks off the route. It would not give up on that via point and continuously tried to reroute back to it untill I pulled over in Kingsland (or was it Granite Shoals?). It should have given up after some point but didn't. I canceled the navigation and just told it to take me to Cooper's and all was good after that.

I can personally vouch for Kurt. He was there and he was on a motorcycle. As to the make, model and attachments, I can only tell you it had two wheels and Rhonda seemed to enjoy the ride...

RE: The GPS issue. "You don't need a GPS to discover America, you just need a bike and the road":clap: :clap: . Where did that come from?:zen: I actually forgot mine at home:doh: . It ain't built in into the dash.... Shucks I'm still trying to figure out how to use the turn signals:eek2: :eek2: .

Anyway, we got to Llano and had some great fun and GREAT B-B-Q:eat: :eat: .

Let's do it again....:rider: :rider: :rider: :rider:

This is my wife Cristina and this was her first ride. After the first 60 miles on the Nomad, I have been fully authorized to find and purchase a custom seat.

PastorsBikerBabe.jpg

So Cross Trainer, I know about Harley Tax.:trust: ... But I didn't know there was a Kawasaki Tax:doh: :doh: . First a seat... then a tour pack, then BLING.... then more chrome.... then you need a bigger, better bike.... then you another bike.... then Cristina needs a bike.... Where does it all end???? :giveup:

BTW: does Cristina read this board.... The Nomad might be for sale today... What was that about saving on GAS?????:eek2:

Back