• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First Road Trip

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Brown
I rode my 07 Bandit on a 900 mile round trip from my house in Lancaster California up to Carson City Nevada to visit an old girl friend I have gotten back together with, and although I have done lots of traveling around the US on motorcycles, this was the first trip of any distance I have taken on the Bandit since I bought it last September, and all in all I am very happy with how it works as a long haul bike.

I rode approximately 380 miles up Hwy 395, which I have ridden many times before which runs parallel and through the beautiful High Sierra mountain range in California.

This is my second trip up to Carson City in the last two months and as you can see there is still a lot of snow left on the mountains.

The only real complaint I still have with the Bandit is the stock seat which I am definitely going to replace here shortly, as after about 100 miles I needed to stop and give my butt a rest and outside of the issues with the seat the bike ran flawlessly.

Here are a few pix I took on my trip this last weekend, and the altitude that these pictures were taken at was between 7,000 and 8,500 Ft.

I'll be making another trip up to see my girlfriend at the end of the month, and I will taking a trip each month up to Carson City Nv until I move up ther next year. I am going to order a new full face helmet for my girlfriend so she can start going on rides with me this summer on the Bandit all around the mountains near Carson City and Lake Tahoe. :rider:

PatriciasTrips004.jpg

PatriciasTrips005.jpg

PatriciasTrips007.jpg

PatriciasTrips008.jpg

PatriciasTrips009.jpg

I did 1738 miles in 6 days last week two-up, the seat had to go the day I got back. I ordered the Suzuki gel should be here in a few days.

Nice pictures, was it cold at those elevations. We went up to 5200 (that is high for the east coast rockies:mrgreen: ) and it was cold in the 40's but the sun was shining.

I did 1738 miles in 6 days last week two-up, the seat had to go the day I got back. I ordered the Suzuki gel should be here in a few days.

Nice pictures, was it cold at those elevations. We went up to 5200 (that is high for the east coast rockies:mrgreen: ) and it was cold in the 40's but the sun was shining.

The temps are great up there this time of year, and when I rode back Monday morning it was in the mid 60's where I took these pictures.

Please let us know how the gel seat from Suzuki works out as I am either going to get it or the seat that Sargent is coming out with, but I may be forced into getting the seat from Suzuki if Sargent doesn't have their seat available before I make my next trip at the end of the month. :rider:

Nice ride! I was to do 12-1300 in late May, but I think it's not going to happen. I am taking a week off Labor Day week and hoping to get out west someplace.

Congrats on getting back with the ex. I have recently started talking to my ex from HS/college after 14 years of no communication. It's been fun and I really hope something comes of it.

Back