• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saturday's Ride thru Fayette Co.

Reaction score
My bro and sis and their families drove out from Houston to visit this weekend and since Overkill's XR250 STILL isn't dual sported (hint,hint:yawn:) he jumped on the TW and we went for a righteous 90mi loop around the beautiful county of Fayette. Gassing up in Round Top.

CIMG0972-Copy4.jpg

Just west of Round Top (Weyand Rd).This used to be a real cool bridge when we were kids. It used to be an old truss bridge that sounded like it was coming apart when you drove over it. Every plank had its own signature sound that was music to a child's ears but now it's just a plain, boring bridge. Progress?!!:whatever:

CIMG0973-Copy.jpg

Somewhere around Walhalla. Overkill playing catch up.:yawn:

CIMG0975-Copy4.jpg

Now I get to play catch up. No prob!!!:lol2: Let's just say that the TW and the 650 aren't the perfect match. :ponder:

CIMG0976-Copy4.jpg

I'm not saying where this was taken cause I might want to use it in the 'where am I' thread on the General Forums and I don't want to give our bridge expert 2Dogs too much of an advantage. HaHaHa!!:doh:

CIMG0977-Copy4.jpg

Another.... Oops, 'NO PARKING ANY TIME'.:mrgreen: Guess we'll be moving on.

CIMG0978-Copy4.jpg

In a roundabout way we pulled up to Baca's in Fayetteville for groceries. Chango turned me on to this place a while back. Great menu!!:eat:

CIMG0980-Copy4.jpg

Normally the TW gets about 60 to 75mpg but not today. Must be that 'catch up' thang. :haha: The 650 was good to go.;-)

CIMG0981-Copy4.jpg

If you head north out of Fayetteville on 159 about 4mi or so hang a left on Coufal Rd (pronounced sue-fall) and you'll 'T' into Haw Creek Rd. Again go north and you'll find this bridge over Cummings Creek.:clap:

CIMG0983-Copy4.jpg

They left it standing for some reason and built the new bridge 150' to the south. If you find it, park your bike, jump the guardrail and check it out!:thumb:

CIMG0989-Copy3.jpg

CIMG0990-Copy4.jpg

CIMG0986-Copy4.jpg

Yours truly... One of my peeves about bring the shutterbug is you have hundreds of pics of everyone else but non of yourself.
CIMG0985-Copy4.jpg

CIMG0991-Copy2.jpg

New bridge from the old bridge.

CIMG0988-Copy.jpg

We spent too much time there and had to haul butt because I had a fire department function to attend in Round Top so I don't have any more ride pics but from there we hooked up with TX389 to Gebhard Rd and zig-zagged northwest into Winedale then west to home.

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you out on the gravel sometime but I have to post a couple more pics. My 14yr old nephew graduated from my TW200 to both my KDX200 and Overkill's XR250 this weekend!!:clap: :clap:

CIMG1020-Copy.jpg

An uncle could never be prouder!!:sun:

CIMG1014-Copy.jpg

I enjoyed the BBQ in Round Top last Saturday. :thumb:
Was that y'all parked over by the trucks? We were running so late that we went on in to get our tickets before they ran out of food (they always run out of food) and then one thing led to another and I started talking to people so when I came back out you were gone.:doh: We had every intention of riding into New Ulm to check out the rally but we just completely ran out of time. Oh well, there's always next time. Glad you enjoyed it, those Germans can really cook huh?:thumb:
My dept. (Carmine VFD) which is located 7 mi north of Round Top on US290 will be holding our Fried Chicken Feast sometime in July and I'll post up the info when the date is set. I'd love to see a bunch of riders show up!!:rider: :clap: :clap:
Thanks CBAT for supporting our extended community and thanks to all for supporting your local Volunteer Fire Departments,

Rman of 237

Great, I need to explore Fayette county more. My problem is it takes me so long to get out that far from Katy because I explore every road and path I come to, by the time I get to Fayette county it's time to turn around and head home. Maybe I can try not giving into the I wonder where that road goes temptation. Good pics Rman. Only ninety miles, you need to get it up to two to three hundred miles. Get your butt good and sore.:l:lol2: ol2:

Well, head on out and we'll meet half way around New Ulm. Heck, I'll buy you lunch at the Texas Star!:shrug: :flip: I know the feeling though, one of the reasons we ran out of time is that we kept stopping and screwing around.:rider: I can't pass a dirt road without finding out where it goes. Lots of riders around here but they all think I'm nuts! They just don't "get it"!!:lol2:

Well, that sounds good. My problem is planning. Generally, like today, I went to look for a new refrigerator on the bike, it was early and the only places open were Home Depot and Lowes so I said to myself, take a little ride.They open at ten. Well eight hours later and a couple tanks of gas I'm still an hour or so away from Best Buy. Butts sore, dehydrated so I stop in San Felipe grab a cold beer and head for the bridge. One tall boy under the bridge and a short stroll was all I needed. Screw the fridge I'm going home, where there is plenty of cold ones. Fridge still keeps stuff cold it just runs all the time. It can wait.

Lo's had a fridge that would work. No tax today or tomorrow and just ask for 10% off of anything and like the Depot they will give it to you. (Larger amounts) Don't ask for 10% off a light bulb (cheap skates). Enough shopping more ridin.

Back