• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What I was doing

Reaction score
First Name
Taeyoung
Last Name
Choi
It was a busy weekend. I had a track day on 22nd at TWS and went CMRA races on 23rd and 24th. I got to see a lot of people from HSN and had a lot of fun. A lot of our friends did so well at the races. Very proud of them. Took some photos and would like to share them with you guys.

Charles(nevlec) helped me to trail my bike out to TWS.(thank you so much, Charles!)
Went over to the track on Thursday night and camped out.

IMG_0061.jpg

Didn't get to wear my purdy cat ears on track....

IMG_0065.jpg

Track day started out good. It was my first time with LSTD and second time on track.

Then(of course) on second session I went off the track. I was taking it easy and didn't think I was hanging that low. Started dragging my knee and thought I was dragging my exhaust. I got spooked and stood up on T3. I knew I didn't have line to stay on track. Decided to go off. When I was going off, I think my bike was still angled and hit the edge of the track. Banged pretty good and bent my front rim. I didn't go down though. Ronnie who was my instructor watched everything from behind. He said he almost had a heart attack. Sorry, Ronnie....

IMG_0070.jpg

After that, I was still riding the rest the track. But I felt wobbling on my front. I pulled out and saw my rim got all messed up. As you can see, it wasn't a rideable condition. I went over to Patrick's, but he didn't have tool to help me out. Ronnie offered me his extra rim for the endurance race next day. It was unbelievably generous of him. Without his help, I would've stopped after second session. Yuliya and Charles also offered me their bikes. Patrick helped me to replace the rim. I can't believe how many good people I have around me. Thank you so much, guys. I hope to be your help sometime like you did to me.

No black flags this time.

On third session my left signal light came off, I had to pull out of the track again.

01.jpg

DSC_9162.jpg

DSC_7779.jpg

DSC_9838.jpg

DSC_9837.jpg

Endurance race

Patrick's team

IMG_0096.jpg

There were some bad wrecks that day

IMG_0073.jpg

Sprint race

Ronnie

IMG_109.jpg

Possible next year CMRA endurance team. Arturo, Taeyoung and Brian. So far, we have a team name "Second to last".

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

:lol:

IMG_0122.jpg

On Saturday, my car's battery died. My vehicles are falling apart....

Today, I went over to the court in College Station to take care of my speeding ticket that I've got from last track day.(I went over to College Station four days in a raw!!!) It was 20 over 70. I tried to see if I can take defensive driving class after 11 months. But the evil lady who works over there, won't even bother. So I tried to go for deferral, she said I have to do 21 hour community service, 270 dollar fine(including the court fee) and have to take defensive driving class. Unbelievable....(I thought I sped, but I must ran over somebody or something) So I just went ahead and paid the ticket. People, no matter what you do, don't ever get a ticket in Brazos county!!!! :angryfir:

Great post. Do you find its easier, or harder to drive the speed limit after a track day?

I actually have less desire to ride on the street ever since I rode on track. Riding & racing on track was my dream since I was a kid. I'm more into concentrated technical ride than long distance ride. I do enjoy street ride though. But I hope to ride less on the street and go slower. When I ride on the street, I go faster than I suppose to.

*Correct*

Tae,
Great pics, but a couple of corrections;
1) We had the tools, (that's how we changed your wheel) we just didn't have our spare wheels with us and the first rim we borrowed wound up not fitting so Ronnies was generous enough to lend you his endurance spare.
2) The endurance team is Ronnies'; 2 MoFos, M/U just sponsors / supports him.
Good to see you and a bunch of HSN at the track, we all appreciate your support!

Patrick
hartsracing@yahoo.com
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
www.trackleather.com

Great stuff. Get it cranked over girl, great to see you having a great time. this is what it's all about !

Oh, the speeding thing ? Don't have any answer to offer there, we're all just illegal evil pilagers of society at large, and must be punished.

:headbang:

nutmegchoi said:

Great shot! Fast girls are cool! 8-)

If I wasn't so afraid of wadding-up my bike I'd get out on the track and join you. :roll:
So, is there someone who can straighten your wheel locally or will you have to send it off for that?

My rim's booboo. :-(
I think it cost almost as much as used one from eBay.(much better than what almost would've been)
Either way, it's only gonna be around 90-120.
But I think my bike needs a service.
It started backfiring about a month and a half ago.
Later sessions at track, I heard this tiny noise that I haven't heard before.
I saw some sort of liquid stain on my exhaust pipe. Poor SV worked too hard....
I'm off the street and track for a while.
Started working at a coffee shop on Sunday mornings for bike money.
Call me a motorcycle slave.... :-|

Sleepy Weasel said:
Apparently your parents never warned you... :lol:

All the time, but it never did any good. ;-)

Back