• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 June Pie Run Report: Hico, TX 6/28 Koffe Kup

Ok, how about a short side trip for a question.

Kathy Found it. No, I didn’t knock her down or even make her lay down. She did that all on her own.

SN850488-1.jpg

I have heard the term geocaching, but what is it?

What was she looking for under the bridge?

No, you're a young man with old man eyes. :nana:

I wish.

I don't know why, maybe because I was born with a cataract in one eye, but I always thought I would get to skip the reading glasses thing. But, within 2 years, I have gone from not being able to read the GPS to not being able to read anything without reading glasses.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled pie run discussion...

I don't know why, maybe because I was born with a cataract in one eye, but I always thought I would get to skip the reading glasses thing. But, within 2 years, I have gone from not being able to read the GPS to not being able to read anything without reading glasses.

bi (or tri) focals or progressive lenses... :zen:

Ok, how about a short side trip for a question.

I have heard the term geocaching, but what is it?

What was she looking for under the bridge?

She was looking for the cache. I hope the links in the other replies with links helped you to know what geo-caching is all about?
Marty

She was looking for the cache. I hope the links in the other replies with links helped you to know what geo-caching is all about?
Marty

Yes, I understand now. I need to slow down more. I only occasionally stop and read the historical markers, which I really enjoy, I am not sure I am ready to partake in geocaching, just yet anyway.

So, do you normally leave something in the boxes you find?

bi (or tri) focals or progressive lenses...

I have progressive lenses in my glasses. But, I will always have to wear contacts, at least until I have a lense implanted in my right eye. I just makes me mad to have to wear glasses over contacts. I tried bifocal contacts, they just aren't ready for prime time yet.

So, I have stick on lense in my sun glasses, 4 pair of reading glasses that I can never find and a pair of progressive lense glasses for working on the computer. I try not to take them out of my office, so I can find them.

I know, quit whining and deal with it. I'm working on it!

So, do you normally leave something in the boxes you find?

Yes, we do if it large enough to contain trade items. They are usually items we have picked up from other caches. Some caches have what are called "travel bugs" which have an identifying number on it, and they tracked separately. You are supposed to move them around, you log when you pick it up & log when you leave it in another cache. Some caches are only big enough for a log which we sign with our user ID & date of the find. Some caches called "virtuals" have question that has to be answered by what you see at the location. You send an email with answer to the cache "owner", and then get credit for the find.
Marty

Pretty bike. Sorry you had to endure that pain. Soon after I got my S3, it rolled off the sidestand because I didn't have it quite enough forward. ouch, ouch, ouch. Busted turn signal, small ding in the tank and a pulled rib muscle trying to save it.

Man, that sucks bad. Hurting the bike is one thing but hurting yourself is another. I'm actually amazed what little damage there was to the Duc. The brand new panniers took the brunt of it. Very slight ding on the mirror and more slight on the fairing. Let's just say it needed a little nap after the hard ride up :rofl:

I'll post pics later.

Last edited:
After Hico, I continued north to visit family for a few days. Just returned today after doing the most I've ever done in one day 450 miles. That's actually the max I ever want to do in a day.

Here's the gang leaving Liberty Hill that morning. Notice Wayne and Michael are not in the shot :trust:

2640612160_2b6e2432b3.jpg

An almost there pic

2640650946_2c93a2389a.jpg

Quarter mile to Hico and the Duc decided to take a little nap, courtesy of rider not putting in gear :doh:

2640616466_980bdc145d.jpg

Ahhh.....what we came for....

2640615326_e37c5474a7.jpg

A thousand miles later. I know the towel looks bad, but feels good.....

2639789143_aed824fa9d.jpg

wish I could've seen that yellow machine up close! And I really missed getting to talk to you about it! Next time, ok?

wish I could've seen that yellow machine up close! And I really missed getting to talk to you about it! Next time, ok?

I looked for you but wasn't sure who I was looking for. I saw your bike with the tiger thing going on but you weren't near it.

Hard to miss me....short person, squeaky voice...BAD hair day! :lol2:

Gonna make the next pie run? Or the one after?

After Hico, I continued north to visit family for a few days. Just returned today after doing the most I've ever done in one day 450 miles. That's actually the max I ever want to do in a day.
I think you have earned an Iron Butt, Not sure, Does he get one for the 450 in a day on a sport?:rider:

I think you have earned an Iron Butt, Not sure, Does he get one for the 450 in a day on a sport?:rider:

Wasn't trying to prove anything. Just wanted to get home. I was home by 3:30pm so I could have done more but what for? I like to enjoy what I'm doing and after 300 or so, I'm ready to get off. Keep in mind this was 450 miles on secondary roads, not interstates.

It was more of a swamp butt really :)

Well, if you'd mentioned that in advance, I would'a found ya.
:rofl:

Well...on second thought, since just about EVERY woman there was having a helmet-hair day...I might not have been so easy to spot! Next time, just listen for the squeaky voice & look for the gal that usually laughs WAY too loud, & enjoying everybody & everything WAY too much!:lol2:

Next time, just listen for the squeaky voice & look for the gal that usually laughs WAY too loud, & enjoying everybody & everything WAY too much!:lol2:

I would say she looks like she is having a good time:

d70_5103q.jpg

(she's on the right ;-) )

I would say she looks like she is having a good time:

d70_5103q.jpg

(she's on the right ;-) )

Thanx Chuck! Except that's probably the only picture of me with my mouth CLOSED, instead of gaping wide open in full-tilt-giggle mode! (And I'm sure Maverick appreciates you pointing out I'm the one on the right too!)

Thanx Chuck! Except that's probably the only picture of me with my mouth CLOSED, instead of gaping wide open in full-tilt-giggle mode! (And I'm sure Maverick appreciates you pointing out I'm the one on the right too!)

yes, thanks Chuck.

and yes, one of the few with her mouth closed. Luckly she doesn't have a chatterbox. :rofl:

Back