• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Loop: NM, CO, UT, AZ, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremiah
4.5 days, 2000 miles through 5 states....and my camera craps out halfway through the first full day...in Moab...before we even got to the cool stuff.

My buddy took a lot of pics for me and will be sending a cd...i will post those pics when i get them...

Anyway...

DSC05122.jpg

DSC05127.jpg

DSC05129.jpg

DSC05133.jpg

DSC05146.jpg

DSC05156.jpg

DSC05158.jpg

DSC05160.jpg

DSC05161.jpg

DSC05162.jpg

DSC05164.jpg

I would like to see more of your pictures. Did you ever sleep to put that many miles on your KLR. How much was off road riding?

I would like to see more of your pictures. Did you ever sleep to put that many miles on your KLR. How much was off road riding?

Hahaha...i slept in my tent a bit every night...we did a little off road in NW New Mexico on our way to Moab...maybe 30 miles...and about 150 miles off road around Moab...the rest was paved...

Rolando took a lot of pics after my camera died so he should have some good shots...he will mail me a cd...we parted company mid-afternoon on the fourth day...and I continued on through SE AZ and SW NM through some very beautiful country...I camped out that night around Silver City, NM...Day 5 was Silver City NM to Hobbs, NM via El Paso, TX...

I broke a couple of milestones on the KLR on this trip. Day 1, I rode 282 miles nonstop from Hobbs, NM to Moriarity, NM where I stopped for fuel...Day 4, I rode 293 miles nonstop from Blanding UT to Springerville AZ (20 miles on reserve...that was a close one...) Until this 220 miles was the longest I did nonstop. By nonstop, I mean I stayed on the bike...I did need stop for red lights and stop signs...

Wowie zowie, awesome pics. But was that a plastic bottle, visible in the nice scenery?

Cool! I just snagged a few more pics for the growing collection for the next round of home page images :thumb:

Cool! I just snagged a few more pics for the growing collection for the next round of home page images :thumb:

WOW!!! I am flattered and honored. Thank You.

My camera puked out right when the scenery started to blow my mind so stay tuned for Rolando's pics.

Slightly off topic...

Tell us (again?) about your front wheel & tire combo? 19" on a KLR?

Stock rear?

Slightly off topic...

Tell us (again?) about your front wheel & tire combo? 19" on a KLR?

Stock rear?

18"front rim laced to stock hub w/ 120/90-18 D606...stock rear w/ 130/90-17 D606...there has been a lot of debate whether this works or not on some other forums...the consensus is that if a FAT front was sooo great, the desert racers would be using them...these are comments from people who have never ridden a KLR on soft sand...a KLR is heavy...especially when loaded and fueled up for an adventure...a 21" skinny tire is great on a light offroad bike w/ the power and suspension to go fast over anything...a KLR is heavy...the floatation helps me, at least, as I tend not to blast down sand washes but stay in 1st or 2nd gear in the soft and rough stuff...I can just chug along in any terrain I want...i am running double rimlocks front and rear and i will air down to 5psi at the dunes which affords me some insane floatation...also the skinny front tends to catch ruts and washouts which is not fun on a heavy bike...the fat front is much more resistant to this deflection...i feel safer running high speeds on hardpack as the frontend feels more stable and planted...in the rocks and rough stuff, i feel a lot better with the mega sidewalls give me more protection from pinched tubes and bent rims...and I think it looks way cool...because at the end of the day that is all that really matters.

OK Rolando emailed me some pics...

This is Rolando...
DSC05125.jpg

DSC05131.jpg

DSC05132.jpg

Rolando handles his BIG GS like a superhero...

DSC05163.jpg

DSC05148.jpg

It is always reassuring when you know your bud has got your back...
DSC05126.jpg

Rolando has the skills to take pics whilst riding...i hope to someday do the same...
IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1066-1.jpg

IMG_1067-1.jpg

Back