• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Harvest Classic Rally, Luckenbach 2008

Jbay

Reaction score
OK after leaving Thurs from Waco and making a 3 sisters ride Friday, I am home early after the family cancelled the camping tonight

right now im enjoying some fruits of this labor El Guapo wine from Alamosa Wine Cellars http://www.alamosawinecellars.com/index.htm :trust:

so a few rally photos:

tricked out Husky

840A0298.jpg

it's orange

840A0299.jpg

ditto

840A0301.jpg

trumpet

840A0302.jpg

trumpet

840A0303.jpg

honder

840A0305.jpg

ooo a triple!!!

840A0308.jpg

glad to be home, sorry to miss the rally tonight

Man James, can't believe I didn't see you there today. You should write up your Leaky trip in another thread. I missed the trials competition today. Huge crowd, well run event and beautiful weather for a rally. Glad you had a good run.

John "Irondawg" Morin told me he'd be out there today as well. Did you see him?

I saw a couple of people I knew, and overheard a lady talking about Two Wheeled Texans, but I didn't stop to visit and didn't know the group.

earlyStart.jpg

earlyStart2.jpg

Drool. This bike wreaks craftsmanship.
53vincent.jpg

anotherVincent.jpg

Can't you see having some hooligan fun on this one?
laCucaRacha.jpg

Yah, this one does it for me.
bsa.jpg

I went to see old iron, but was drawn to this relatively young Ducati.
73ducati.jpg

I love Harley. I saw the owner riding this one across the field, and watching the suspension work and hearing the motor really made this bike come across as a thing of beauty.
oldHarley.jpg

Cow ridin'
cowRider.jpg

The show was packed. Kudos to the Harvest Classic folks on pulling off another fantastic event. Our group (Austin RATs) were able to help them out with directing parking, and we couldn't get over how many people kept arriving all through the afternoon. I hope their profits exceeded any of their expectations in support of "Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation"

Thanks....its a 1974 MIII 450.

Heres better pics w/ out my fat little fingers in the way of it. Sad pics to do any justice.
HarvestClassic08005.jpg

Thanks....its a 1974 MIII 450.

Is that your bike? I wanted to visit with you, but you looked pretty engaged with those people. When you were starting it, I thought you might be either selling or buying, so didn't want to intrude.

Very nice. I like.

Yea its mine. Its not for sale, so to speak, but I guess the old sayin' goes...."everything is for sale" Fire away?? I actually had 3 bikes in that show.

HarvestClassic08002.jpg

I actually had 3 bikes in that show.
OK, I really like your taste in bikes. We have some nice shots of your Triumph next to that purple (warning - image heavy thread) http://forum.austinrat.org/viewtopic.php?t=414

... and I commented about the style of your black, especially contrasted with the purple Triumph (it was quite nice as well). Very nicely done. If you have written about those bikes, please post a link. I'd like to hear your story of getting them to the shape they are in. Bravo. :clap:

JTL keeps showing up at the same vintage bike rallies as me. Thats why I just parked the "old black bike" with the others. Gonna have to talk to the wife about her polishing job so I can run with the big boys! Just kidding. Good job JTL!

Thanks for the comments.

Post up any shows/rallies of any type w/in a few hundred miles besides what I call the "Big 3", New Ulm, Harvest, and Lake O' Pines??? No need to mention ROT. That one is a given. :mrgreen:

I love camping and bikes.......

Vintagetour lets see that R90S, happens to be one of my all time favorites! Hard to come by these days.

JT Lake

JT Put June 12, 13 and 14 2009 on your calendar. The Arkansas boys that attend LOP every year are planning their own (Ozark Vintage Motorcyle) rally near Bentonville. www.ozarkvma.com There are no better roads than the Ozarks to wind up an old 450 Duck. I brought the S bike down to Harvest but it sat in the trailer all weekend as backup vehicle (haven't put enough miles on the Vincent to ride it to the rally) It did rack up about 250 miles while we were there....maybe next year....nah, not enough room on it for a tent and a beer cooler!

Back