• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Breaking in a new camera

I know that I have it because Richard said I did and if I was smart enough to post the picture of me in full gravitas I would . :trust:
Rick M

all motorcycles always look better dirty and in Mexico

Fixed. But your point is right on. Take them across the border. Drop them. Get them full of mud. Break some parts. Take photos. Tell stories.

:bigokay:

Bob it sounds like you will be able to have a tear free drop on your KLR.

I am ready for a RIDE!!!!

You already know the story. Others may not. The KLR is a project bike for northern Mexico and certainly Big Bend and the Hill Country.

In addition to the mods I've posted (thank you Richard for starting me on my mod list to the poor house) I'm running spare throttle and clutch lines, searching twtex & advrider for more "combat mods", and then I'm going to drag you and Milton, Richard, Rick, Al, Rusty & everybody else to the Sierra Madre - deep into the back country.

If the bike breaks, I'll cover it with brush, go get a pick up truck, and evacuate it later.

Trust me, this isn't going to be a driveway bike - its going to get trashed!

Bob :sun:

I know that I have it because Richard said I did and if I was smart enough to post the picture of me in full gravitas I would . :trust:
Rick M

I just looked it up! You Sir definitely have it!

But we do need a picture of you riding across one of those concrete water crossings on the back wheel! That would be a cool shot.:lol2:
I also have a new camera and will volunteer to slowly ride across and take your picture. :eek2:

"(thank you Richard for starting me on my mod list to the poor house)"

It is scary how much money you can spend on one of these low price point bikes.
For some more ideas.
I saw an 08 posted an ADV. with a 7 gallon tank mounted.

Have you got the Big Beemer back together yet? How bout the ankle?

"(thank you Richard for starting me on my mod list to the poor house)"

It is scary how much money you can spend on one of these low price point bikes.
For some more ideas.
I saw an 08 posted an ADV. with a 7 gallon tank mounted.

Have you got the Big Beemer back together yet? How bout the ankle?

I'll post of photo later of the R1200 - she is in top shape (my wallet is MUCH lighter) and she says she wants another crack at Mexico. So I'm taking the GSA on a date in February to Mahahual. :kiss:

BTW a KLR with a 7 gallon tank? The stock tank already has, what, 6-something gallons. With the availability of PEMEX and the availability of fuel from back country ranches, I don't see the advantage. Plus, I'm always ready to car-jack a burro. :lol2:

The ankle - I never put the "air cast" on that I was supposed to. If I pay for that later, it'll be a life lesson. I'm not running the Boston Marathon anytime soon, the foot just has to fit on the left peg, and I'll be happy. :lol:

"BTW a KLR with a 7 gallon tank? The stock tank already has, what, 6-something gallons. With the availability of PEMEX and the availability of fuel from back country ranches, I don't see the advantage. Plus, I'm always ready to car-jack a burro."

Bob , you know that the Adventure starts when things quit going as planned . Sometimes extra gas is a good thing. I'll bet Richard will agree with that !
Can I get an Amen from the Desert Riders?:rider:

Bob i got all excited:trust: when i saw your naked bike. Guess i may have to eventually break down and get something smaller, i was thinking about a KTM 990 super enduro:rider: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob i got all excited:trust: when i saw your naked bike. Guess i may have to eventually break down and get something different, :rofl: :rofl:

I've taken the liberty to go and do some shopping for you...:trust:

433824612_sQWXS-L.jpg

Or you might like this...

433824584_yvZqw-L.jpg

Maybe a couple of these (gotta have a pair, you know):

433824690_XRXrD-L.jpg

Something military surplus...

433824668_wwcdo-L.jpg

433824682_j7uMy-XL.jpg

Or just perfect for Texas:

433824597_jbSEp-L.jpg

Perfect for a Sunday ride to church:

433824536_doh97-L.jpg

Or what I believe would be your first choice:

433824588_AYsPX-L.jpg

:eek2:

Bob, when is that KLR going to be finished, I want to see the finished product
I have a feeling this is going to be one well prepped bike
:bow:

Bob, when is that KLR going to be finished, I want to see the finished product
I have a feeling this is going to be one well prepped bike
:bow:

Tim

I actually am moving it INSIDE the house :eek2: to where I do all the work on bicycles. Its a heated space with a converted corner for a paint "booth".

I'll be workin' on it now through Christmas if the house doesn't blow up :eek2: I should be done in early January.

I'll post pics

Tim

I actually am moving it INSIDE the house :eek2: to where I do all the work on bicycles. Its a heated space with a converted corner for a paint "booth".

I'll be workin' on it now through Christmas if the house doesn't blow up :eek2: I should be done in early January.

I'll post pics

Good luck with it, beating Rick's bike is gonne be a hard task, that is the best looking KLR I have ever seen.

Good luck with it, beating Rick's bike is gonne be a hard task, that is the best looking KLR I have ever seen.

You may have missed my :giveup: post. Rick wins.

I am not going for best looking. I am going for :eek2: scary Terminator

You may have missed my :giveup: post. Rick wins.

I am not going for best looking. I am going for :eek2: scary Terminator

No, I read that, I just wanted to throw another compliment his way:clap: but I have a feeling that when your done it is going to be the best"Scary Terminator" looking bike out there.:thumb:

Rick,

Congrats on the finest looking KLR I have seen. I know that I should not lust after another man's motorcycle, but dang she looks nice.

Perhaps you can post a list of accessories, where purchased, and approximate cost. I am particularly interested in the nerf bars, the seat and centerstand.

Thanks

I still have it and cant decide what to do with it . Enjoy it and had no problems with it during Mex Trek, it is a great bike . I just have a problem with getting tired of motorcycles too quick and wanting something else...:zen:
Rick M

You need to sale the TransAlp to me so you can get something else.

Dail

Thanks Anthony ,
Sent you a pm about the parts -
Rick M
Rick,

Congrats on the finest looking KLR I have seen. I know that I should not lust after another man's motorcycle, but dang she looks nice.

Perhaps you can post a list of accessories, where purchased, and approximate cost. I am particularly interested in the nerf bars, the seat and centerstand.

Thanks

Thanks Anthony ,
Sent you a pm about the parts -
Rick M

can you post the mod list for all to see? or pm. i may be getting my first KLR in the near future and i'm very interested how people farkle them. i'm looking at an older one right now but i want to move up to the 09 black soon after. thanks. waiting to see what Tricepilot has done to his too...

Back