• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Picked up our new (used) Connie

Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
James
634606392_jaF4W-M.jpg

Jamie and I went and picked up a used 08 connie yesterday. it had a whooping 514 miles on the clock. The man bought it and it was too much bike for him, so he decided to sell it. I got a fantastic deal! It is a great buyers market for bikes. The Bike came with bar Risers, fender eliminator kit and a Two brothers slip - on. Took it out this morning for a couple of hundred miles and it was awesome! Such a great bike. Here are a few pictures.

634603584_ozmHW-M.jpg

634603621_MH6Mw-M.jpg

634603645_RQHzL-M.jpg

634606686_xBtc9-M.jpg

634606238_Cezed-M.jpg

Wow, what a great looking K1400 GT !

Does it have the Heated Auto-Pilot? Or the Global Positioning Tire Pressure monitor? How about the Synthetic Turn Signals? Or the Manual Self-cancelling LED's?

Can't wait to see it... In Ark?!

Nice bike. It's always nice to put more miles on a new/used bike in the first week than the previous owner put on it in a year. I did that with my DRZSM.

During our trip to CO this summer my wife (Jamie) rode on the back of my C-14 for the first time on a grocery run. She said "if I had always had that bike she would have never bothered learning to ride her own." She thought it was heaven, especially with the top case.

Jerry,
Very nice looking. I know it is making Richard jealous. Especially when I saw his bike next to it in the pic. Happy riding!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The bike is awesome! I guess I did not realize what I was missing riding an older bike. This Connie is amazing. Can't wait for our Arkansas trip.. whoo hoo

So, did you sell your other bike (a Sprint, wasn't it)?

Yes, I traded the Trophy in, it was in need of new sprockets and chain as well as a new back shock. That bike was awesome and will be a great bike for whomever picks it up!

I could never own a bike that clean n purdy..... it would spend too much time in the garage avoiding road debris scars, etc. Congrats tho, and enjoy getting some miles on that highway eater.

He'll quit washing it soon... Everytime I go out to wash my Connie I end up riding it. :lol2:

Well, you got rid of one beatiful bike and got another one. The Connie really appeals to me. It just looks like it's running fast when it's sitting still. I'm sure you are both going to love it.

So are you going to put a fender back on it? Fender eliminator doesn't make much sense on bike that is going touring...

Congrats! :clap:

My only complaint about my C14 is that she wants to try to pass everything on the road, including lots of things she should just let lie. :mrgreen:

So are you going to put a fender back on it? Fender eliminator doesn't make much sense on bike that is going touring...

The kit came on the bike. I will add an extension, but it sure cleans up the back of the bike. Make me look faster than I am. haha!:rofl:

I could never own a bike that clean n purdy..... it would spend too much time in the garage avoiding road debris scars, etc. Congrats tho, and enjoy getting some miles on that highway eater.

The bike was that clean when I bought it.. I am sure it will get some TLC this weekend. The rims are a tad dirty. I will be riding a bunch, just like a clean bike.. shut up Vern and rob!:zen:

I have not been around this forum much but I want to extend an invitation to all you Concours owners that have not joined the Concours Owners Group to at least give us a look. I am the COG area director, COG and I have been working hard to build a better club along with more activities and interest in our area. Check out the clubs main web site and feel free to ask me any questions.
www.cog-online.org

The club is very strong in many areas of the country and we had about 510 attend the nationals in North Carolina this year.

I use this site as much as I have time for and enjoyed the last pie run. I enjoyed meeting some of you there.

Back