• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

East-Tex Ride March 26-28 Ride Report

Great pics, Rick. LOL, I had forgotten about the cake; that was a nice move by Rick to buy us all some red-velvet cake, and support a good cause as well (relay for life). The fact that it was a cute girl hawking probably had something to do with his choice too ;-)

So, where were we... oh yeah, the repairs. Then, we were back on the road again, and enjoying the beautiful riding weather again.

P1000486.jpg

Even the slab sections were nice

Then, in just a few miles, we were back on the dirt again. I love the East TX roads because of their almost perfect mix of clay and sand. It makes for great grip and fun riding. With Trailace leading the way, and the great group we had, the pace was nice and brisk.

P1000489.jpg

Roads you can fly on!

We only had two dead ends on this route; one was a locked, and posted gate, and the other was a bridge that was out.

P1000494.jpg

P1000495.jpg

Rick is the GPS master though, and with just a few thumbstrokes, he had us back on the road again in no time.

P1000496.jpg

Even some of the locals came to check out Rick's GPS mastery!

So all too soon we ended up back at our junction with Hwy. 59, and since we were headed south, and Joe and Kenny were headed north to their trucks, we parted ways. Great bunch of guys to ride with for sure.

P1000491.jpg

Trailace

P1000492.jpg

Flcbrxx

P1000493.jpg

Doctor Z

With an excellent route, perfect weather, great campsites, and very competent riders, this turned out to be a great weekend for riding and camping indeed. Many thanks to all the folks who made the ride (Ralph, Joe, John, Kenny, Joe and Rick), and a special thanks to Richard for organizing it.

Great report guys, the pace was good all 3 days.

Man, those guard turkeys really had me scared for a second...bike would not start and I just kicked and kicked. Have you ever been flogged by a turkey.

Can't wait until the next trip that I can make it on.

Rick and Rob have fun on the TAT

Back