• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Iraan Rally 2010 -- Report and Pics

TWTim

Reaction score
Despite a cold morning and overcast skies, the rescheduled Iraan Sportbike Extravaganza went off mostly without a hitch today.

We arrived around 11 o'clock this morning, and when we got there, Carl was directing riders into parking in his bright yellow hall monitor shirt:

001-Iraan2010.jpg

The turnout was smaller than in years past, likely due to the reschedule and weather, but there were still plenty of bikes and motorcyclists on the set:

008-Iraan2010.jpg

Look! An old-school ZX-7R! Tim Kreitz must be here somewhere:

007-Iraan2010.jpg

Heavy Bus Racing making a show of force:

006-Iraan2010.jpg

That great Texas band Dingo Sanctuary donated copies of their new CD to the charity raffle:

002-Iraan2010.jpg

Bikes lining up for the top horsepower dyno shootout. I don't know who won, but I do know that an N2O-equipped ZX-10R was verified at 201 horsepower early in the day:

003-Iraan2010.jpg

Prepping the dyno for a run:

004-Iraan2010.jpg

A rather groovy, very stretched ZX-14 gets loaded onto the dyno:

005-Iraan2010.jpg

The stunt show featured some tandem trickery this year:

009-Iraan2010.jpg

It was all fun and games until this happened. The guy being thrown into the air tried to leapfrog the approaching stunt bike on-foot and subsequently biffed the attempt. Don't worry, he was fine:

010-Iraan2010.jpg

Good times. A big thank you goes out to all the sponsors and organizers. I hope to see more of you next year.

Last edited:
Carl and Tim were side by side and snapped the almost exact same pic!

Marie

Attachments

• 03222010 022.jpg
    03222010 022.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 124
Man, I bet it got LOUD at the dyno!! That's where I would have been, hehe...

I did not see any food pics... How can you have a rally with no food!? :scratch:

Did you guys play at the rally or just donate the CD's?

Carl made a point of positioning the Dyno kind of away from the main area and pointing the back door AWAY from town! hahahah but fyes your right it was insanely loud. Carl Ran the HeavyBus and even with the exhaust baffle in it sounded like it was going to come out of the trailer! It's funny it's like moths to a fire the Dyno just sucks people in, and every time a Top HP Shootout Bike went in the crowd doubled or tripled! As for the food thing, in the past years Dana and Nancy (The Promoters in years past) prepared FREE food and gave away BBQ and Chips and drinks. This year they didn't want to do all of the extra work to bring food out so, we sent everyone to their BBQ stand about 5 blocks away. It was kind of nice that way they got some huge return even tho they took a break from doing the Rally. Next year there are going to be some changes among them, Bike Rodeo stuff and food would be a great idea too, now if I can just get about 3 clones of Carl,,,,
One for the Stunt Show, One to help with the Dyno, one to cook, one to, Raffle, one to set up the HeavyBus,,, yeah you get the idea. Probably the only one at the Rally working harder than Carl was Fletcher in the Dyno. He spent the entire day doing Dyno runs in the trailer hot loud sweaty and under appreciated, THANKS FLETCHER!

Marie

Attachments

• 03222010 037.jpg
    03222010 037.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 03222010 034.jpg
    03222010 034.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 03222010 055.jpg
    03222010 055.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 127
Did you guys play at the rally or just donate the CD's?

Nah, we just donated disks. I wanted to ride. Besides, between the dynomometer and the stunt show, I doubt anybody would've been able to hear us anyway.

:lol2:

Back