• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sunday Solo ride to Italy .....Teaxs

Wasabi

Reaction score
Sunday Solo ride to Italy .....Texas

My grandkids are now members of the local volley ball and basket ball teams and play every Saturday. I promised I would be their number one fan so I go to every game and every week day pratice. That means my Saturday bike rides are on hold for a while.

I have been really enjoying my Garmin 276c GPS so every Sunday I search for new roads to explore around the Dallas / Fort Worth area. This past Sunday I took the KLR for a scenic route to Italy.

Last time I created a route using the mapping software, this time I created a route using the track file after the ride. I will post the route file to the GPSxchange.com

Did not see one bike rider on the whole trip. The roads were mostly old paved roads with mix of gravel. Very relaxing and peaceful ride.

Maps of my route.

45034513-M.jpg

Some road pics

This is just north of Maypearl, lots of very large homes along this road.

45034331-M.jpg

Lots of tree lined roads and small creeks with wooden bridges.
Mostly single lane no center line roads. Very little traffic.

45034336-M.jpg

45034338-M.jpg

Intersection of I 35 and Campbell road in Italy. I local resident saw me taking
pic of the fly saucer arcade and offered to take my picture.

45034357-M.jpg

Sign says pavement ends.
45034349-M.jpg

45034364-M.jpg

One of the many cemeteries found on these backroads
45034339-M.jpg

45034367-M.jpg

Near end of ride. Intersection of Bell Ranch and Bee Creek
just south of Maypearl.

45034371-M.jpg

Last edited:
:tab Exploring the back roads is just so much fun. I like to stop at a lot of the little cemeteries and just take some time wandering around checking out the headstones. It is interesting to see how long the people lived, when they lived, how much of them are all family, how many babies and young mothers there are, what wars some of the vets fought in, etc,... Dunno why, but I find cemeteries very peaceful and calming.

:tab Nice pics!

Great pics!! It relaxed me just looking at them. Glad you got a nice ride in. Thanks for sharing.

Back