• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Epic Ride, Arkansas 2010

I had a great time. I'm happy I made it out there and you people are really amazing.
I was the new kid, unexperienced, keeping everyone back with my slow riding and bike problems and you guys were awesome - guiding, helping and motivating.

Was a real pleasure meeting all of you guys: Hugo, Israh, Jack , Michel, John, Mark, Edwin, Jeff, Primo, Clark, David, Camilio, rusty and i apologize for the ones that their names slip my mind.

I didn't took as many pictures as I'd like, I'll make up for it next time.
Here are some pictures, The rest are in this link: http://matikrimerman.com/VIK/AR/#

12.jpg

22.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

23.jpg

We rolled into Waco about 6:30 yesterday in some rain, wasn't bad. Almost had a solid 12 hour ride back.

Some observations:

I still have some mad skills patching non-patch-able tubes on the road side in a Hillbilly's yard. (nice guy) by the way, there are still good people in the world.

Real home cooked Donuts do not ride well in your tank bag all day, but are actually edible in a flattened state.;-)

They do make such of a thing called a Tamale Sandwich, I saw my first one Monday.:lol2:

Arkansas is not really into Credit/Debit cards at the pump yet.:doh:

:rider:

Arkansas neighbors are very helpful folks

Churro's don't travel nicely either

Tamale Torta + Mr2mch = experiMENTAL eats

From the corkscrews of highway 123 to the scenic mountain ridges of route 16, the enticing back roads that motorcyclists dream about was experienced this weekend. The group road riding was led by Texas Adventure leader and rally organizer, Rusty, who did an superb job of leading each days foray in the great hills of Arkansas.

Although based on the various dual-sport comments, I will probably bring my WR during next years trip to the area. :) I did also manage to bring my bicycle, so I was able to also sneak a bike ride up Mount Magazine...phew!

BTW, thanks guys for all the test rides too!

SEYA,

RB

Hey guys, justed wanted to say a big thanks for a great weekend! I had an awesome time and enjoyed getting to know everyone. Look forward to another ride soon!
Take care,
John

First off , thanks to Richard and Rusty for getting this ride rolling, it was a blast!!!! This has to be some of the best dual sport riding I have had to date.
Also thanks to Big Don for the being our fearless leader for the weekend, really were some epic trails. :clap::clap:
Also thanks to Stingray for finding us the really bad stuff and keep saying " It's only another mile to the pavement":giveup: ( These tracks were some of the best of the weekend.:eek2:)
And last but not least the Ribeye steak at the bar was the best!!! And the coconut cream pie at Oark was the snizzle:eat::clap:

Looks like you guys had a great time. :clap: I must be a masochist, I keep reading this stuff and wishing................you know!

Glad all made it home safe.

What a good weekend great people to ride with and great weather. I only got a few pictures of some of the people I rode with, somehow Elmer and David dodged the camera.
One of the parking lot.
frontdoor.jpg

wedge1 coming out of somewhere we probaly weren't supose to be.
wedge1.jpg

Daly showing us to to use your legs to properly balance yourself when going through the mud.
daly.jpg

Then there was the spirtual connection between greenhornet and his KLR he ask that the baptism be kept a private ceremony so there were no pictures taken .......... but we do have pictures of the site of the ceremony.
thecreek.jpg

and one after the baptism.
greenhornet.jpg

Had a great time guys ready to do it again. I'm sorry no one got a picture of my D9 dozer impersonation.

:eek2: I'm so glad this helpful soul pulled out his camera and snapped off a shot before checking the rider for broken bones :trust:

That's actually a picture of me :tears:, I told the guys I need my nap after launch, they thought I was kidding so I just went to sleep right there...:rofl:

That's actually a picture of me :tears:, I told the guys I need my nap after launch, they thought I was kidding so I just went to sleep right there...:rofl:

Looks like a nasty place for a low side. Been there, done that, just not in the big rocks.
Glad you were OK and just snoozing.:mrgreen:

Here's a few of my pics from the ride.I got some of Dahveed's lunchtime FIX A FLAT...& of the evening's FAF...with group participation!

Notice the tire "lubricant" being consumed by some to help the process along at the evening tube change.

Sorry,I didn't get a shot of our neighborly host while changing the tube out on 123 near Mt Judea.

Attachments

• Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 137.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 137.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 131.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 131.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 130.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 130.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 120.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 120.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 117.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 117.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 234
...& here are a few from the days ride on Sunday + MudMissle's sign somewhere on TX37

Attachments

• Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 113.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 113.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 114.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 114.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 129.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 129.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 219
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 138.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 138.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 122.jpg
    Head For The Hills-A Lark In The Ozarks 122.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 213
Some good pics so far! I had an "epic" time at this ride and all the other TWT rides I have been on. Everyone that attends these rides is absolutely awesome. I just wish we could have an event like this every month.

Some good pics so far! I had an "epic" time at this ride and all the other TWT rides I have been on. Everyone that attends these rides is absolutely awesome. I just wish we could have an event like this every month.

Hi Mark, didn't you get a pic or two of "The Hill" Sunday afternoon?

Had posted my thanks in the original thread and for the 'record' here I go again:

Had a fantastic time, incredible roads; thanks to Rusty and Red Brown for the rides.

A big thank you to solorider for the trailer ride and to jthompson for 'assisting' securing the bike... Enjoyed the ride and conversation.

I need to go back!

After seeing some of the pictures here, I think I will stick to the asphalt.

Here is the bike secured in SOLORIDER's trailer, it was great to do it with experts like him in John, although the Ohh shuut from Nadem when we were returning, almost gave me a heart attack.

FJRonTrailer.jpg

Fred (Red Brown), Rusty and me at a rest:
FredRustyCD.jpg

Rusty and Fred exploring, while I stayed on firm ground.

Rusty-Trail.jpg

RedB-Trail.jpg

Waiting.jpg

Rusty checking the bridge:
Rusty-Bridge.jpg

At the Christ of the Ozarks in Eureka Springs:
Clarksville-Sept2010006.jpg

We made a stop at the Pea Ridge Military Park (Rusty?) and this Park Ranger's short lecture was really good, I was impressed with his passion for the Park. As a coincidence, we got to see the last cannon demonstration of the season, which sums my experience with the ride and company.

It was a blast!

Canon.jpg

Where do I sign up for another ride....?

Camilo D.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great time. I'm happy I made it out there and you people are really amazing.
I was the new kid, unexperienced, keeping everyone back with my slow riding and bike problems and you guys were awesome - guiding, helping and motivating.

Was a real pleasure meeting all of you guys: Hugo, Israh, Jack , Michel, John, Mark, Edwin, Jeff, Primo, Clark, David, Camilio, rusty and i apologize for the ones that their names slip my mind.

I didn't took as many pictures as I'd like, I'll make up for it next time.
Here are some pictures, The rest are in this link: http://matikrimerman.com/VIK/AR/#

22.jpg

You look comfortable . ..

Hi Mark, didn't you get a pic or two of "The Hill" Sunday afternoon?

This isn't a great picture of "The Hill", but you can see what the terrain looked like and mostly what it made all of us feel like.

John Thompson posing unconscious for this photo due to heat stroke/exhaustion/fear of having to camp on the side of "The Hill"

JTsDeath.jpg

We did make it to the top

Pictured:
Mark, JT and Jack

Finally on flat ground.

topofthehill.jpg

Here is our path from Sunday afternoon in dark yellow. The blue track is from Saturday when we turned around as it was too late to continue as slowly as we were progressing. Stingrays path from the east on Sunday afternoon is shown in red.
Sunday it took Izz, Subcomm, Outlaw6guy and me an hour and 20 minutes to carry/push four bikes 3/10ths of a mile up the hill between the markers.
When are going we back?
999139175_s7j8p-X2.jpg

okay, I've got some of the pics uploaded to an album on my profile page. The guys in our riding group were me(Marcus), my son(Daly), Elmer,Mark,David and Kevin. Here is one of the pic's taken on White rock mtn.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/album.php?albumid=235

[edited to fix link to album - TM]

Hmmn... not sure why that pic did'nt show up, oh well, check out the album, wish I had more and better action shots. Maybe next time, I'm already ready to go back.

You just didn't have the right link to go directly to the album. I fixed the link. If you want to include the images in your post, view the full sized image in your album by clicking on it when viewing the album, then right click and "Copy Image Location", which should look something like this:

http://www.twtex.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=235&pictureid=1058

(the link above is actually displayed in truncated form here for some reason :scratch: However, put your cursor over it and look at the link preview in your browser and you can see the whole link).

place that between the
tags and it should display the image, like this:

picture.php

The battleground.....Pea Ridge? Cool place to visit. And you got to see a cannon shot? Were they doing some re-enacting?

Yep, Pea Ridge. I just updated his post. Apparently in the summer they regularly fire that canon. I have a video of it I'll post when I get the internet working at the house again.

Back