• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sealy Pie Run - 2010 = Tony's Family Restaurant

I didn't get very many pictures today, one reason I ran off and left my camera at the house and only had the phone camera available. Second reason will be evident in the photos below.
:clap::clap::clap: Thanks for the slide show. What some amazing old bikes. I would have to wear a bib in there. ;-)

Chuck I have to agree that the ride down was fun yet uninspired but we needed to get there. Here's a few pics from the day. At least the ride home we actually got to lean left and right a few times. Looking forward to making a few next year.

Attachments

• 30 miles out.jpg
    30 miles out.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 172
  • way home.jpg
    way home.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 180
  • weary butt stop.jpg
    weary butt stop.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 172
I got a few pictures in Tony's parking lot before going inside.

I always enjoy seeing the Huntsville/Katy connection - Debbie (Snoopster)

d70_8695cq.jpg

and her beau, Erik (rainmaker)

d70_8696cq.jpg

Fortunately, he did not live up to his screen-name... ;-)

They ride separately but are a couple:

d70_8698q.jpg

d70_8699q.jpg

bikes in the lot:

d70_8697q.jpg

d70_8700q.jpg

d70_8701cq.jpg

d70_8703q.jpg

d70_8705cq.jpg

d70_8706q.jpg

and a few riders puttering in:

d70_8704cq.jpg

d70_8708cq.jpg

d70_8711cq.jpg

Haven't see Dwayne (DwayneInfo) and Rita in a awhile...

d70_8707cq.jpg

Scott (M38A1) snuck in from Austin w/o telling anyone... :doh:

d70_8710cq.jpg

Hey! Isn't that "bad back" Squeaky who was supposed to be in the truck? :ponder:

d70_8712ch.jpg

Now wait a minute! James wasn't supposed to be here! Now here they both are on bikes. :giveup:

d70_8714q.jpg

d70_8715q.jpg

They even have the aforementioned midget bandits in tow! :thumb:

d70_8717q.jpg

I must admit, I had to Gibbs slap James for giving me so much grief... ;-)

more folks:

d70_8713q.jpg

d70_8718q.jpg

V-Stroms were in attendence

d70_8719cq.jpg

one last shot:

d70_8720cq.jpg

---

Tony's gas a good CFS and pecan pie. What else do you need? :clap:
Well, probably a nap after all that food. :help:

Of course, the best part of these events is looking at the variety of bikes in the parking lot. Several unique items. :thumb:

While looking for my drawing helpers, I stumbled across a couple of US Governement legal tender samples folded together in the parking lot. :mrgreen: I asked around but nobody could tell me the correct amount (though Harley, Michael, and Ashley tried REAL hard :lol2: ). So, it may become a second drawing (cash $$$) at the December PR! :trust:

---

We took a somewhat different route home and all 4 of us enjoyed the section of FM56 between Valley Mills and Laguna Park. I still think that FM56 is one of the underappreciated FMs in north central Texas.

Thanks to all who came out on a very nice day! :sun:

I tried to get a closer look at this one and it beeped at me to go away. :tears:

d70_8703q.jpg

I think they are called Stallions. A Ford product underneath the shell, ie: full car dash, radio, AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING and all the engine/drivetrain of the vehicle. Maybe a Focus IIRC?

It is a Stallion. I've seen it before at the PR in Fairfield...

The Stallion (or Gelding :) as the owner referred to it) was quite an interesting machine and was fitted with a 2 way alarm. So every time someone got close to it his key chain went off and up he'd hop to see who was messing with his bike. Took him ages to eat his pie :)

From what I remember it's a Ford Ranger that's under there.

he put the alarm on it because everywhere he went he would come out to find people sitting in it.
understandably a very irritating problem, people have no respect for the property of others any more.

uses the drive train from the Ford Ranger. 2.3 liter 4 something like 145hp

http://www.dfwtrikes.com/images/stallion-engine-powertrain.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Dick's "BlueDevil" Stallion from New Waverly. I've had the opportunity to take it for a spin in the parking lot. It's strange to have a bike with a steering wheel and even stranger having one follow close behind you. I had to look back twice thinking a vehicle was riding too close. :rider:

Back