• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Are Round, Royer's Round Top Cafe, 3/19

And thanks to Chuck for hauling down the new addition to the hear, and Bobby (rad3766) for dragging it home for me.

....... It needs a name and he didn't like "Bikey II". One he is thinking about was "Lee King's Electrical Project" which I heard as "Leaking Electrical Project" :lol2:

Lee it was a pleasure to help you out.
Im sure with the electrical gremlin battling you went thru with Bikey, #2 should be a bit less painful. :sun:

We will drive 290 from the west down 1291 to Round Top and see if we see your banner. Did you go up 237 to get to 290?

:thumb: good luck - I took Round Top Road back to 290 - there are signs on both 237 (south of the square) and 290.

roundtoproad.jpg

The Pie Run started out the day before. In a weak moment, I had volunteered to take a "parts/project" bike south for Lee Keller King. Here we are loading it.

L18_1188q.jpg

Kyle (AggieC05) is moving to Dallas/Plano and has one bike and 2 boxes less to pack.

L18_1191q.jpg

It was not as much fun driving the truck in the strong headwind.

the destination:

d70_9028q.jpg

I found Lee and southern transfer captain Bob (rad3766) and we did a tailgate-to-tailgate bike transfer. I stole this photo from MudClod - the process is in progress in the background.

CIMG0623.jpg

Here's Lee ready to get started:

d70_9026q.jpg

And his new project all loaded:

d70_9031q.jpg

Debbie (Snoopster) and a friend from Huntsville

d70_9027q.jpg

Amanda and Chris (cwadej) from Arlington

d70_9029q.jpg

lots of bikes around the square:

d70_9032q.jpg

d70_9033q.jpg

d70_9034q.jpg

d70_9036q.jpg

d70_9037q.jpg

d70_9038q.jpg

d70_9039q.jpg

Beemer Bob's new sidecar rig

d70_9040q.jpg

Last edited:
photos of inside - lot's of stuff to look at on the walls and ceiling

here is the PieMan - Bud Royer

d70_9049q.jpg

The license plate on his van:

d70_9041q.jpg

The Pie List:

d70_9059q.jpg

Words to live by!

d70_9047q.jpg

hard working staff

d70_9045q.jpg

TWT folks

d70_9042q.jpg

d70_9043q.jpg

d70_9044q.jpg

d70_9046q.jpg

d70_9050q.jpg

Jeff (jhansen), resident Rhodes Scholar, and his motto - "Better Late than Never"

d70_9048q.jpg

outside again, John (MotoTex)

d70_9053q.jpg

Linda (BikeTrash) won the pie

d70_9052q.jpg

and got Desha (Scootergyrl) to carry it for her

d70_9054cq.jpg

this made it home just fine :eat:

d70_9060cq.jpg

Blueburg, SA Strom and I had an interesting ride to Round Top. We were on TX 21 between San Marcos and Bastrop, Blueburg in the lead followed by SA Strom and me bringing up the rear. A woman driving a Taurus passed me in the left turn lane where FM 150 meets TX 21. I saw her pull into the turn lane, but I thought she was turning and didn't think any more of her. It startled me when she blew by me and even more when she immediately hit the brakes. She shoehorned her way behind SA Strom. I repassed her at the next opportunity and kept an eye on her. She kept trying to pass again, she would swing wide to look in the oncoming lane, but there are very few places to pass on that road and lots of traffic. It wasn't like we were holding up traffic as we were tail end Charlie in a line of about ten cars going right at the speed limit. I guess she couldn't stand it any more because she finally zipped around me on the double yellow and squeezed her way into the 30 feet between me and SA Strom and got right on his rear end. He moved to the shoulder and she passed and attempted to do the same thing to Blueburg, but Bill just stayed behind the car in front of him. She finally passed him and a long line of cars on the RAMP to TX 71. She was headed to the left lane of that highway before she came to the end of the ramp. We never saw her again after that.

Bambi and I had an excellent day goofing off with our new friend FJR-Remmington! :clap::clap::clap: Got to show him how to really ride an FJR on FM 390 on the way over!

Got to meet a few new friends and see a few folks we knew (Hey Mike and TIm!).

Looking forward to next month, hope it's not too hot!

One question I'm left with,

Did the guy eating at the table I was at actually pick up and carry those two pallets he mentioned, on his GS, on the way home?

I'd really like to see photos of that . . .

Well, we were unsuccessful at finding the misplaced sign/banner. We checked Hwy 290 from 21 to Round Top on the way there, mostly checking the south side & median. I doubt it would be on that side (with a south wind) but we wanted to be thorough. Checked Round Top Rd. & north side of HWY 290 all the way to IH35 on the way back. Pulled into Pappadeaux restaurant just to see if it might be there;:eat3: great food, but no TWT sign. We saw, Signs, Signs, everywhere are Signs, they were all telling us to do this-don't do that, but no TWT sign. If anyone is going that route in the near future, please check our work, but I think if a car did not shred it, or someone picked it up, it is probably somewhere north of 290/IH35. Sorry, Gilk51. Sam & Shirley

One question I'm left with,

Did the guy eating at the table I was at actually pick up and carry those two pallets he mentioned, on his GS, on the way home?

I'd really like to see photos of that . . .

It was HardyBaker I am pretty sure he was serious.

Lee it was a pleasure to help you out.
Im sure with the electrical gremlin battling you went thru with Bikey, #2 should be a bit less painful. :sun:

I took Bikey out for a ride this afternoon. It's going to hard to let him go! :doh:

320f7702-bf91-1dd6.jpg

320f7702-bfa5-3cfc.jpg

Bob and the Ravin. After the tire change.

320f7702-c02a-00e2.jpg

320f7702-c041-b3a0.jpg

Pie before.
320f7702-c063-fd32.jpg

Pie after.
Busy place. Great pie!

after a foggy start in Friendswood we made a quick trip up to Round Top.

Between the TWT crowd and the Blue Knights group the square and Royers was VERY busy.

The peach pie and ice cream was very good.

We stayed the night in Brenham and did some touring of the town while we were there.

Another good weekend on the FJR.

Chuck, thank you once again for all your efforts organizing the Pie Run, etc. As for this picture...I better let Beemer Bob explain. (sorry BB, I couldn't wait).

2011_03_19_009.jpg

More details of the great TWT wheel Change event AKA: "How many TWTers does it tale to change a wheel?" can be found at:
www.BeemerBob.com
Tour of Honor - segment 1

Back