• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pie Run VII: It's Hip(po) to have Pie in Hutto, 7/30

I was really worn out from my 18 mile round trip on my '78 Yamaha DT175E but it was worth it. :-P Thanks to all that complimented me on the bike. Here are some pictures of how it looks now with the new decals. It took me about an hour and a lot of soapy water and some cussing to get them just right but I think they look great. I feel like I'm 17 again when riding it and what's even better is this bike is bigger than the little DT100E I had back in '78.

:mrgreen:

left.jpg

right.jpg

Last edited:
My vote for most unexpected. I didn't get to talk Hinkley with the owner. Maybe next time.
SideCar.jpg

Most unexpected as in, "Cool rig!"

Or most unexpected as in, "Why would he desecrate a fine motorcycle like that?"

Probably both. :trust: Sorry, we didn't get to visit about Triumphs. Next time.

-Fletch

-Fletch

As in "it has a side car, but the cylinders don't stick out the sides."

Definitely in the "Cool Rig" category.

I'll be bringing the TR6R on a few of the pie runs and the Harvest Classic. See you 'round.:rider:

-Fletch

Man, that thing was loud. And did you see that hooligan exit he made? There's never a cop around when you need one.

I don't have any pics of the pie, but I do have some from my day-long trip back.

100_4588.jpg

Camped with some sketchy guys and their dirty bikes. Myself and BeemerBob were the only ones not trying to be fashionably late, and then making up some kind of excuse about having a BMW washed. :lol2: All was well, though, I had a place to park my skid lid and some liquid dinner. :eat:

100_4590.jpg

A bit of hanging out in the lake, hearing some tales about trying to blow up 2d Lts, and burning C4 to heat up gasoline, we had the finest in dinners.

100_4598.jpg

Not too shabby a view, either.

100_4595.jpg

With an early night, we retired to a peaceful sleep except for those way to close to the feasting squirrels. It's sad when a pack of squirrels out-parties you. :-( At least they didn't get into the beverages, that would have been a REAL ruckus! All I have to say about that is that I'm glad I'm a heavy sleeper.:-P

The next morning saw WhiskeySmith and me introduced to fresh Round Rock donuts. I have had them before when a dude works with brings them in on the occasional monday, but dear LORD! Nothing like them fresh!:eat::eat::eat:

On the way back I took my time, and for those interested, the straight shot back would have been something like 125 miles, and about 2 hours. I took about 300 miles, and the entire day to do it my way.:rider: Including some interesting shots, as I normally am really bad about stopping for photos, so this was my opportunity to break myself of that habit.

100_4607.jpg

100_4610.jpg

Go from full throttle fun in the twisties to poking around an abandoned gas station. Note the price of fuel.

100_4614.jpg

100_4613.jpg

May not be an entrance, but hey, I can park there! :mrgreen:

100_4618.jpg

Even if the parking is a smidge tight.

100_4617.jpg

Though it may not be framed quite right, I love this particular image, and I'm not sure why.

100_4616.jpg

Saw this from the gas station, and just had to check it out, nothing like milk to build a strong minibus!

100_4620.jpg

One of my final pictures ended up being this one, as shortly afterwards the roads got way to fun to stop on, NOT from dropping it or anything dumb like that. After all that beautiful bike is way to purdy to ever have been dropped. :uhoh: Though that gravel hill was steeper than it looked initially, both on the way in and on the way out. I don't recommend Ducatis for much offroading, Especially if there is mud, water, loose gravel, medium to large rocks, or really anything other than sealed surfaces involved.:lol2:

Where was everyone???

LOL Hank and I were there... :D

Attachments

• huttowhere.jpg
    huttowhere.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 165
  • hutto.jpg
    hutto.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 167
LMAO!!!!! So we were late... we were having fun! 10 a.m. rolls around and we're like, "I suppose we better get to Hutto... Oh.. we're over 100 miles away... Weeeeellllllll...."

ZOOM ZOOM!

We were actually riding at 6 a.m. Took the long way down, as it were.

Last edited:
LMAO!!!!! So we were late... we were having fun! 10 a.m. rolls around and we're like, "I suppose we better get to Hutto... Oh.. we're over 100 miles away... Weeeeellllllll...."

ZOOM ZOOM!

We were actually riding at 6 a.m. Took the long way down, as it were.

At least the Trooper was cool, both times we saw him!

Back