• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oct Pie Run - Winchester, TX 2011

Squeaky

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rebecca
Last Name
Reed
a6cd0e21-331e-104d.jpg

a6cd0e21-333a-4b32.jpg

a6cd0e21-3386-bc01.jpg

It's seared on the outside, cooked to medium perfection on the inside.

Re: Pie Run X: High Caliber Pie in Winchester, 10/29

Went to the Pie Run and found there was no Pie. :eek2:

Who dropped the ball? Whats next, we all ride bicycles to the next one. :rofl:

My food was so good I did not even think about pie :clap: Enjoyed meeting everyone :rider:

Standing in line to the Men's Room, swapping stories about how often the "Senior Tour" takes this break when a nice lady stepped to the door of the Women's Room. We laughed that normally, the line to the Ladies Room is much longer. We admitted that any of us guys would have used her facility had she not arrived.

Just then, the door opened and some guy sheepishly stepped out of the Ladies' Room to a roar of harassment, mostly good natured. The nice lady stepped in and promptly yelled back to the sheepish intruder, "You left the seat up!".

Another rasher of harassment landed on the poor intruder.

It was a great moment.

NFE

That was a good time! I showed up fashionably late and sat with some total strangers until we started talking and realized what our screen names were. My first pie run (and I didn't have any pie either), definitely not the last. Thanks everybody!

Bill and I arrived back in Fort Worth about 30 minutes ago with 470 miles for the day.

Standing in line to the Men's Room, swapping stories about how often the "Senior Tour" takes this break when a nice lady stepped to the door of the Women's Room. We laughed that normally, the line to the Ladies Room is much longer. We admitted that any of us guys would have used her facility had she not arrived.

Just then, the door opened and some guy sheepishly stepped out of the Ladies' Room to a roar of harassment, mostly good natured. The nice lady stepped in and promptly yelled back to the sheepish intruder, "You left the seat up!".

Another rasher of harassment landed on the poor intruder.

It was a great moment.

NFE

When you gotta go you gotta go :rider: I aslo used the ladies room while some fine gentleman stood guard :rofl:

Great Pie Run! It was fun getting together with everyone and meeting new faces today. No pie, but there was dessert! (You know Sam will find dessert.......:drool:)

How 'bout cobbler instead? YUMMM

Winchester_Pie_Run_10-29-11_008.jpg

Winchester_Pie_Run_10-29-11_009.jpg

Lots of bikes and people. Started out the morning cool, and the day continued to improve. We did close to 180 miles round trip.

Winchester_Pie_Run_10-29-11_003.jpg

Winchester_Pie_Run_10-29-11_004.jpg

Elaine, Steve, and Dave - great having lunch with y'all today. Look forward to our next ride!
S&S

Hurray! I made it to my first pie run today. As of 7:38 am, I did not have a wheel for my KLR 650 and was having to bail on my reservation. At 7:39 the post office called me and said "your wheel FINALLY made it in". With some friendly new handshakes and encouragement from RMAN 237 and a few others, I haul-*** home, inspected, cleaned and mounted the wheel. I left the tools (and unfortunately my gloves) on the barn floor and high tailed it to Winchester. Ate a "small" cheese burger the size of my head and onion rings. Then went on an extended excursion until 5pm ish with the guys. Good thing I declined on the dinner offer. When I got home, I realized my headlight was out. Lots of deer on the road. I almost scored 2 does and a buck (each a separate incident).

I had a great time and I look forward to the next get together.
- need to fix headlight, swap to a my more aggresive tread on the new wheel, and clean the dust out of my ears. :rider:
Scott

Or we could carry our motorcycle in the back of a pickup instead of riding it. Gee, I dunno anyone who would do that . . . :-P :mrgreen:

Whats next, we all ride bicycles to the next one. :rofl:

It was a great day to ride, and a great meetup. I surprised myself by being the first one there at about 10:15. I got there from Austin a bit quicker than I thought, which is something that often happens to FJR riders. :rider:

When I ordered the large burger someone warned me that they weren't kidding about 'large'. The warning is correct:

The cafe easily accommodated the large crowd of riders:

Lots of friendly riders riding great bikes showed up:

I tried to get a picture of every rider as they arrived, I have about 50 pictures in all, you can check them out in this Flickr set.

The only down moment was just after leaving Winchester an oncoming car attempted to run me in to the ditch! That'll get your attention!

Did anybody get a head count ?

Bill and I arrived back in Fort Worth about 30 minutes ago with 470 miles for the day.

Wow! You went about 390 more miles than I did. Very commendable. Thanks for coming!

Did anybody get a head count ?

... on Joe Biden's hair plugs? :rofl:

My guess is 75.

Back