• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Oct Pie Run - Winchester, TX 2011

Re: Pie Run X: High Caliber Pie in Winchester, 10/29

What did you get RB ? I had ribeye n grilled mushrooms. Pretty good eating :eat:

What did you get RB ? I had ribeye n grilled mushrooms. Pretty good eating :eat:

Chicken club sandwich was dried out on stale bread, warm watered down coffee - after two requests the flavor continued to worsen...and no pies. It was disappointing considering the restaurant should have had proper warning about the large influx of riders. I do wonder if there were quite a bit of lurkers who popped in without letting Chuck know in order to provide the restaurant a proper head count.

RB

Chicken club sandwich was dried out on stale bread, warm watered down coffee - after two requests the flavor continued to worsen...and no pies. It was disappointing considering the restaurant should have had proper warning about the large influx of riders. I do wonder if there were quite a bit of lurkers who popped in without letting Chuck know in order to provide the restaurant a proper head count.

RB

When you are at a steak joint you should be eating a steak! LOL

While some things can bear repeating...

DessertsAreAvailable.jpg

I have to admit that after the 3000 calorie breakfast at Orsak's few at our table were very hungry. I couldn't finish the small burger!

It was good to meet Many Thunders and put a face with a name ( or initials ) for NFE and JMZ. Be seeing ya'll around the neighborhood.

OK, I have to ask since I didn't make it - was there REALLY no pie? I am figuring this was an inside joke or some kind... :ponder:

I do wonder if there were quite a bit of lurkers who popped in without letting Chuck know in order to provide the restaurant a proper head count.

RB

I posted late and probably didn't get included in the head count, but I didn't eat your pie. I would have though, had there been some. :lol2:

Excellent weather, good food and great company!
PA290002-M.jpg

And the ride...

Hmmm..... thinking..... :ponder: :mrgreen:

Hey, keep thinkin' 'bout that, Scott - how about a MTB route to the next one? hummmmm....

It really was a very nice turn out, and all in all, it was a good day spent with good people!

Winchester_Pie_Run_10-29-11_010.jpg

A sweet couple with sweet rides!

Winchester_Pie_Run_10-29-11_014.jpg

Looking forward to seeing everyone again -

We rode up from Katy. Met some regular attendees and some new guys.

The fact that there was no pie was tempered by the fact that there was Bread Pudding 8-)8-)

Attachments

• IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 150
Who was the guy taking pictures of everyone arriving? I'd like to see those photos !!

I see Electrified and his beautiful bride is there but I don't see Miss Hussie? Guess there wasn't enough dirt on the way over, huh?
RB, it looks like you should have gotten a hamburger. They sure look good.

Was a great ride, decent food and some outstanding conversation. Thanks all!

Jim, Thanks for posting. Would you believe that in over 2 years of riding you are the first person to take a photo of me actually in motion :)

Nope. None pie. The picture of the pie cabinet with no pie was real.

No pie, but we all still had fun anyway.

I can tell you that I eat here at least once a week and I can't ever remember there being no pie in the case. Strange indeed!

I can tell you that I eat here at least once a week and I can't ever remember there being no pie in the case. Strange indeed!

would you say it was done deliberately knowing they had a motorcycle group coming for the pie??:ponder:

would you say it was done deliberately knowing they had a motorcycle group coming for the pie??:ponder:

The owners are motorcycle riders. There's a photo of them on their bikes hanging on the wall behind the register.

If I were to guess, it would be along the lines of; the pie oven died, or, maybe the pie maker, or something like that.

It was the first time I've ever seen the dessert case empty, 'cept for that one time when it was down for repairs.

Jim, Thanks for posting. Would you believe that in over 2 years of riding you are the first person to take a photo of me actually in motion :)

Kinda like Nessie.

I was just playing it forward, shortly after I got my FJR someone (Scott?) took my picture riding in to a pie run, and I really appreciated that.

Back