• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride for a new ride

A good day of tinkering

The first chore for today was to install the engine guard; Yamaha OEM that took about 15 minutes to remove the plastic stocker and bolt on the 3mm aluminum. That done my goal was to wire up my electrical goodies; GPS, battery tender, and jacket liner. I always take extra time with electronics to study and find the best way to route wires and make the connection to the bikes systems. First the right side panel comes of with removal of four quarter turn fasteners. That reveals the nerve center of this machine.

IMAG0302.jpg

I spliced together the wires for the jacket liner and the GPS, each individually fused with inline fuses, so that only one connection would supply the power. The cable coming from the battery had a bolted connection where the power is delivered to the relays that power the bike so that setup went there. The battery tender went directly to the battery connections. The photo shows red paint on waterproof covering over the splices and the connections.

IMAG0303.jpg

After a break for lunch the next job was mounting my Hepco-Becker rack system. I have to say they make a super quality rack. All brackets are expertly machined and bent to fit the factory mount points. And the rack is detachable with quarter turn locking connectors so the rack can be removed it not using the cases. I couldn't be happier with them.

Rack on.....

IMAG0304.jpg

Rack off.....

IMAG0305.jpg

A good day's work. My cases are still in transit. A quick trip to the gas station and then I mounted up a couple bags for tomorrow's ride. I need to get some miles out of the way so I can get the initial break in done. A buddy is planning the day and I am following. :rider:

IMAG0306.jpg

Ok my friend. Time for an intervention :lol2: That's an awesome looking bike. We all agree. BUT THAT UPSIDE DOWN LICENCE PLATE FRAME HAS TO GO!!!!:eek2:

I need to figure out what to do with the inspection sticker if I get rid of the frame. I'm thinking a can of Krylon paint for plastic would fix it. Thanks for caring enough to intervene. :thumb:

Last edited:
Buy a $5 blank holder at any bike shop and see if you can heat the sticker enough to peel it off without the anti-theft serrations coming apart. If it fails just pay $14 for a new inspection.

You are a perfect candidate for a BMW. The cheapest thing on a BMW is the rider. :rofl:

Really nice bike and well farkled!! Nice choice of color. Of course you know it is the fastest.:rofl:

Back