• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1000cc 2-stroke...

ME!!!!!
but that being said, the 2 stroke motcross motors were not designed for sustained constant high RPM running. Motocross is short burst where as this type of motor would be at home on the track where you could take advantage of that monster torque and Hp. I want to see how it well survive a top speed run on the salt flats:trust: say in a semi streamliner:rider:

4 words...

Highside to the moon!:eek2:

That would be an absoulte terror-packed ride.

ME!!!!!
but that being said, the 2 stroke motcross motors were not designed for sustained constant high RPM running. Motocross is short burst where as this type of motor would be at home on the track where you could take advantage of that monster torque and Hp. I want to see how it well survive a top speed run on the salt flats:trust: say in a semi streamliner:rider:

It's all in the tuning(expansion chamber shape and reed selection with proper porting). Besides, I was thinking more along the lines of a giggle juice loving drag bike.

I remember reading an article several years in motorcyclist about someone who had taken a big snow mobile 2 stroke motor and put it in a track bike. they said it was a handful once you got into the power band or whatever

Drool is making my keyboard a mess!
John, I think you got the right idea. As light as that motor is it would run like mad at the drag strip. I wonder if the crank is a 180 degree config, that would make sense to me for smoothing out the power delivery.

poser said:
I remember reading an article several years in motorcyclist about someone who had taken a big snow mobile 2 stroke motor and put it in a track bike. they said it was a handful once you got into the power band or whatever

Tul-Aris:
post-6744-1147027016.jpg

post-6744-1147026994.jpg

Way outta my league, yet burned into my brain...

Any of you guys seen a 4,5 or 7 cylinder H2?

Can you say...."Tire Eater" ??? It better have a servo controlled power valve as well.....cuz when it (power) comes on.....you better hold on.

I had a '75 Kawasaki H1-500 three cylinder in 1977 and once that bike got "on the pipe" it was all or nothing. It would ZING up to 6500 rpms in a moment.

Can't imagine trying to take corners agressively with that unit.

I had a '75 Kawasaki H1-500 three cylinder in 1977 and once that bike got "on the pipe" it was all or nothing. It would ZING up to 6500 rpms in a moment.

Can't imagine trying to take corners agressively with that unit.

You just keep it on the pipe, don't let it fall off. Throttle control is a lot more predictable that way. Slam the down shifts and over rev it into corners, no valves to float, ya know. Come off the corner on the pipe. That's the trick. But, then, when you got over 100 hp at the right wrist, it's still intimidating, I reckon. It's a far cry from a 125, put it that way. :lol2: I never got to ride more'n a 250 two stroke except for street RDs which don't count.

I know when David Green (a friend from the past who's no longer with us) won the Daytona 250 novice pro race in 81, he was given expert status in 82 and eligible for F1. He had no problem with money, dad ran "Durwood Green construction" in the Houston area and David got any toy he wanted, paid cash for a Ferrari 308, that kind of rich. :lol2: So, for 82, he bought a TZ750 and an ex-euro RG500 Suzuki production racer. When he got 'em to TWS at a "test day" (we didn't have track days back then) both those bikes scared him so bad, he sold 'em and bought a new TZ250 for the season. :rofl: I never got to ride one, but I think I'd been like David, would have scared me to tears, cry like a girl. :rofl:

Actually, Eric, you were a far faster rider than David was. How David won that Daytona race, I'll never know. I could run with the guy at Oak Hill and I had half the motorcycles he had. I think he realized he didn't have any business on a 750 and that it would hurt him. I'm sorta glad I never got a chance to try one. :rofl: I think that day at Daytona, David must have pulled something out I never saw in him before or since, but he beat a guy named Donny Green that day, fast rider out of California, and a 16 year old fast kid that went on to set 250 class records in AMA, Rich Oliver. That race was David's 15 minutes of fame.:lol2:

So, we can all sit here and awe at what we might do with a motor like that, but I don't know about myself. I might be more than a little intimidated by that much power in a 2 stroke. :lol2: A man's got to know his limitations.

So, we can all sit here and awe at what we might do with a motor like that, but I don't know about myself. I might be more than a little intimidated by that much power in a 2 stroke. :lol2: A man's got to know his limitations.

I'd only want it in a drag bike on the strip. Something where I can pin it, thumb the air shifter while dumping a ton of N2O through it, and then hose out the inside of my leathers after I get back to the pits.

Here are the H2 4 & 7 cylinder bikes.

H24cyl.jpg

Kawa7.jpg

My friend almost sold me his 1978 RD400 back in the mid 1980's. The test ride around the block scared me a little. I was used to RM80's and XR75's so riding a 2-stroke that big was nuts. The street lights looked like when the Millenium Falcon went into hyperdrive. :rider:

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !"

Even though my current bike is a DR650, being a thumper, it doesn't have the kick that old RD had . . . and I weigh a little more now too. :mrgreen:

I can only imagine the power that modified CR500 has. :eek2:

Back