• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1963 Harley Davidson Ironhead Sportster, Complete Rebuild, Springer

FiddyK

Reaction score
First Name
Paul
***SOLD*** 1963 Harley Davidson Ironhead Sportster, Complete Rebuild, Springer

***SOLD****

Posting this bad A bike for my neighbor (he is also selling the Bultaco listed on here)

---------------------------------------------

Selling off a few of the toys for garage space. This is my 1963 Harley Ironhead Sportster. I had the entire motor and transmission rebuilt only a few miles ago. It is 900cc, and is kick start only. Runs incredible, sounds incredible with custom exhaust. Has a springer front end with a complete custom front brake, along with a rebuild of the rear brake, whitewall tires. All wiring was redone as well. All controls were rebuilt. Custom leather seat. I have the matching orange metal flake front and rear fenders that go with it. I just like the look of it with them off, personally. Bike is ready to roll.

Listed on CL for $18,900. Listed for TWTer's at $17,000. Located in Round Rock.

Edit 10/19/2015 - The Harley is still for sale. He is willing to give it to a TWTer for $8,000. He has over $13,000 in receipts on this build. Ready to move it.

63harley01.jpg

63harley02.jpg

63harley03.jpg

63harley04.jpg

63harley05.jpg

63harley06.jpg

63harley07.jpg

63harley08.jpg

63harley09.jpg

Last edited:
Not even going to post my usual comment this time :lol2:

Beautiful bike, besides the bars

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

The XR in the corner is an 84 XR500R. It is for sale as well, I just haven't posted it for him yet. It is street legal. I took it out yesterday with Jake and was shocked at how awesome of a bike it is! I will post it hopefully today.

xr500_040415.jpg

xr500_01.jpg

Nice! Mine was an 83 and other than the drum rear brake I had zero complaints with that bike. It hauled my butt around quite a few TCCRA races.

The Harley is still for sale. He is willing to give it to a TWTer for $8,000.

He has over $13,000 in receipts on this build. He was hoping to get his money back, but is really needing the room in the garage and ready to move it. His loss, your gain.

love to look at, but not ride choppers. wish it was more stock.
killer price no matter.
I had a right side shifter '71 XLCH. easy to deal with.
but my right knee would simply explode trying to kick one of these again.
glws.

He has over $13,000 in receipts on this build. He was hoping to get his money back, but is really needing the room in the garage and ready to move it. His loss, your gain.

You never get your money back on a build like that, especially a Sportster. But I think the new price is spot on, and if I were in the market for an old custom H-D, I'd definitely jump on this one now. Absolutely beautiful bike! GLWS!

:chug:

You never get your money back on a build like that, especially a Sportster. But I think the new price is spot on, and if I were in the market for an old custom H-D, I'd definitely jump on this one now. Absolutely beautiful bike! GLWS!

:chug:

yepper, he has realized that now. it's an expensive painful lesson, but he's one to shrug stuff like that off. i did realize that there is no mention that it is a Paughco frame, fyi.

Back