• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

1985 Honda XL350r - Looking for Parts and Technical Support

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, new to the site and thanks for the add. I have an 85 XL 350r that I'd like to get running again, need parts and technical support please.

Front Brake Master Cylinder. Mine needs to be replaced, physically broken. I see a lot of aftermarket replacements but the brake hose connection never seems to match. Any recommendations on replacing with aftermarket and entire hose assembly too?

Sprocket Cover - Anyone know who sells aftermarket models since OEM's are tough to find?

Bike ran just fine until I tampered with the Stator wire because it was in bad shape. I replaced it with matching gauge-wire and soldered everything. Threw it all together and now it starts, but won't stay on for more than a few seconds. Any ideas?

Mechanics - While I can do much of the work myself, there are still many things I don't have experience with. Anyone know of a mechanic with experience on these bikes in the Dallas Tx area? I've called around to many shops, none work on these specific models.

Most shops wont-work on anything more than 10 years old because of parts availability. I did some internet sleuthing and found no oem parts. Going to have to adapt xr650l parts. I have a 1988 cr500r that's a challenge to keep going. Lots of parts for 2001 cr are available for now I make those work. Its got about a half dozen parts that if they fail the bike no longer rideable. Might have to hang it on your wall and get a xr650l to ride.

Most shops wont-work on anything more than 10 years old because of parts availability. I did some internet sleuthing and found no oem parts. Going to have to adapt xr650l parts. I have a 1988 cr500r that's a challenge to keep going. Lots of parts for 2001 cr are available for now I make those work. Its got about a half dozen parts that if they fail the bike no longer rideable. Might have to hang it on your wall and get a xr650l to ride.
Thanks Jimmy for your input. You're right, with having an older bike, comes the challenge of "parts availability" and "support" for when the problem is outside your technical expertise. If I could just find a mechanic or maybe even a DIY who know this model, I'd just like to get it running again. Who knows, If I can get somewhat caught up with the 50+ other project, I'm sure I could sit in the garage for a weekend and figure it out.

I had a 85 XR3, great bike. I had good luck at XRsonly, hondapartswarehouse, ebay and Bates cycle.

Have any pics?

Attachments

• XR350-2.jpg
    XR350-2.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 95
  • XR350.jpg
    XR350.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 92
Back