• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale '20 Yamaha TW200 **Sold**

Reaction score
I bought this bike for my wife since she took her safety course and one and really enjoyed riding it. I think now she will be better suited with a bike with an auto clutch like the CT125 Honda. They both have similar seat heights, but the Honda has the auto clutch. With that out of the way, here's the deal on this bike...

I acquired this bike from an off-duty brain surgeon! After spending some time dealing with him I figured out that it took several generations of in-breeding to perfect this particular breed! He bought the bike new and was not kind to it... He hit a railroad embankment and bent the front forks. Being the genius that he is, he continued to ride it. When the suspension would compress, the front tire would come in contact with the head pipe. He rode it long enough for the tire to rub a 6" wide hole in the head pipe!! This took days to accomplish not just from riding it back home. He allowed the chain to get loose enough that the chain derailed and wadded up on top of the countershaft sprocket and busted a hole in the crankcase cover. Not where fluid would leak out, but a hole nonetheless. Also when he hit the embankment, it demolished the speedo cluster and other items on the dash. The remains of the speedo showed the bike to have 4860 miles. I have no idea how many miles he rode it afterwards so the true miles are unknown.

This is what I did to the bike and my observations while repairing the bike.... I replaced all of the speedo cluster, shroud, etc to make all of that look and function as new. I replaced the front master cylinder, both levers, the switch assembly, grips and also changed the bars to aluminum from the cheesy steel variety it came with. It has a nice set of Acerbis hand guards on the bars. The front fork tubes were replaced as were the seals and the oil level was increased from 130mm to 120mm from the top when I rebuilt them. I replaced both sprockets and also put a DID X-Ring chain on the bike instead of the non-oring chain that it came with. I replaced the crankcase cover along with the bearing and seal that the countershaft runs in. The front head pipe was replaced as well. I replaced the seat cover with a gripper cover and replaced all of the plastic on the bike. I then replaced all of the turn signals with LED units as well as a tail tidy rear tail light. All the bulbs on the bike were changed over to LED including the head light. It still maintains the front running lights even with the LED turns. I also replaced the front tire for obvious reasons since it rubbed the head pipe. All fluids and filters have been changed including the front brake fluid. I have a set of rear brake shoes that have finally come off of back order and a set of folding mirrors that I will install as well. The valves have been checked and are spot on. No expense was spared when I put the bike back together. All parts used were OEM Yamaha with the exception of a few accessory items and sprockets.

The bike will not show the true mileage since I have replaced the speedo, so keep that in mind. I feel like the bike probably has about 5k miles at this point. I am including a photo of the bike when I purchased it and then the ones since completion. Everything on the bike works perfectly, it runs and starts like a new one with no weird noises etc... I am a former Yamaha dealer and [ut the bike back together the way I would want one built. It does have some scratches on the swingarm and peg mounts, but that's to be expected for a bike used for on-off road purposes. This bike has not been in deep mud or water from what I can tell from inspecting the airbox and the lack of staining on painted parts.

I want to get $3750 for this bike to help fund a CT125 for the wife. The NADA value is still $4500 for a used version, so this should be a good deal for someone that wants a very nice bike. One last thing, the genius I bought this from never titled the bike, but a Dealer friend of mine is getting me a replacement MSO that can either be issued to me or to whoever buys the bike. This will be done before the bike is sold.

Let me know if you want any additional pictures.

Thanks for looking.

~Tony
97383626-B70E-4D9E-BA47-79F30CB9AA17.jpeg

E9CD5309-AA5D-4898-85B2-C726DB498E9C.jpeg

6F72EEB1-3D12-4789-B681-EE37DA6EBB0A.jpeg

1B2B4563-1403-4A6B-86FE-91E4E19A4784.jpeg

0DFAC7D1-D45E-46FA-936D-F8C7EAAFB000.jpeg

ED78B3F0-D893-4B19-BAB6-F5F5219FA5DA.jpeg

3505B008-30D2-4EBD-A147-10D1F9BC10AA.jpeg

Last edited:
I've had a CT125 on order in Amarillo for several months. It still hasn't come in, so this is sure tempting. GLWS

That would be the perfect bike for someone with an rv or travel trailer...

Nice work!

Love the "before" photo. I bet that T Dub had significantly quicker turn-in & maybe even enabled the very first T Dub stoppie. It looks fantastic now. GLWS.

Good looking bike. Very nice job and what I would expect from a man with that garage. GLWS. It's tempting me...

I bought this bike for my wife since she took her safety course and one and really enjoyed riding it. I think now she will be better suited with a bike with an auto clutch like the CT125 Honda. They both have similar seat heights, but the Honda has the auto clutch. With that out of the way, here's the deal on this bike...

I acquired this bike from an off-duty brain surgeon! After spending some time dealing with him I figured out that it took several generations of in-breeding to perfect this particular breed! He bought the bike new and was not kind to it... He hit a railroad embankment and bent the front forks. Being the genius that he is, he continued to ride it. When the suspension would compress, the front tire would come in contact with the head pipe. He rode it long enough for the tire to rub a 6" wide hole in the head pipe!! This took days to accomplish not just from riding it back home. He allowed the chain to get loose enough that the chain derailed and wadded up on top of the countershaft sprocket and busted a hole in the crankcase cover. Not where fluid would leak out, but a hole nonetheless. Also when he hit the embankment, it demolished the speedo cluster and other items on the dash. The remains of the speedo showed the bike to have 4860 miles. I have no idea how many miles he rode it afterwards so the true miles are unknown.

This is what I did to the bike and my observations while repairing the bike.... I replaced all of the speedo cluster, shroud, etc to make all of that look and function as new. I replaced the front master cylinder, both levers, the switch assembly, grips and also changed the bars to aluminum from the cheesy steel variety it came with. It has a nice set of Acerbis hand guards on the bars. The front fork tubes were replaced as were the seals and the oil level was increased from 130mm to 120mm from the top when I rebuilt them. I replaced both sprockets and also put a DID X-Ring chain on the bike instead of the non-oring chain that it came with. I replaced the crankcase cover along with the bearing and seal that the countershaft runs in. The front head pipe was replaced as well. I replaced the seat cover with a gripper cover and replaced all of the plastic on the bike. I then replaced all of the turn signals with LED units as well as a tail tidy rear tail light. All the bulbs on the bike were changed over to LED including the head light. It still maintains the front running lights even with the LED turns. I also replaced the front tire for obvious reasons since it rubbed the head pipe. All fluids and filters have been changed including the front brake fluid. I have a set of rear brake shoes that have finally come off of back order and a set of folding mirrors that I will install as well. The valves have been checked and are spot on. No expense was spared when I put the bike back together. All parts used were OEM Yamaha with the exception of a few accessory items and sprockets.

The bike will not show the true mileage since I have replaced the speedo, so keep that in mind. I feel like the bike probably has about 5k miles at this point. I am including a photo of the bike when I purchased it and then the ones since completion. Everything on the bike works perfectly, it runs and starts like a new one with no weird noises etc... I am a former Yamaha dealer and [ut the bike back together the way I would want one built. It does have some scratches on the swingarm and peg mounts, but that's to be expected for a bike used for on-off road purposes. This bike has not been in deep mud or water from what I can tell from inspecting the airbox and the lack of staining on painted parts.

I want to get $3750 for this bike to help fund a CT125 for the wife. The NADA value is still $4500 for a used version, so this should be a good deal for someone that wants a very nice bike. One last thing, the genius I bought this from never titled the bike, but a Dealer friend of mine is getting me a replacement MSO that can either be issued to me or to whoever buys the bike. This will be done before the bike is sold.

Let me know if you want any additional pictures.

Thanks for looking.

~Tony
97383626-B70E-4D9E-BA47-79F30CB9AA17.jpeg

E9CD5309-AA5D-4898-85B2-C726DB498E9C.jpeg

6F72EEB1-3D12-4789-B681-EE37DA6EBB0A.jpeg

1B2B4563-1403-4A6B-86FE-91E4E19A4784.jpeg

0DFAC7D1-D45E-46FA-936D-F8C7EAAFB000.jpeg

ED78B3F0-D893-4B19-BAB6-F5F5219FA5DA.jpeg

3505B008-30D2-4EBD-A147-10D1F9BC10AA.jpeg
Somebody buy my Monkey…
I want a khaki T dub

Back