• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bike For Sale 2007 BMW R1200 GS Adventure SOLD

Reaction score
2007 BMW R1200 GS Adventure
I bought this bike specifically for a 5000 mile road trip this year, so I went through the bike and replaced any worn components (clutch, driveshaft, gearbox seals, sidestand, etc, etc,) at the same time as I like my bikes to look good I replaced any components that looked old or worn (headlight, turn signal lenses, handlebar pad, heated grips (bought the OEM grips)screen winglets, etc, etc). I installed a set of ELKA shocks which are fantastic and transformed the ride and handling, also with the preload on min the seat height is a low 32.5”.. I’ve spent a large amount of money and time to get her into excellent condition and she’s a very nice bike to ride…Now the summer trip plans have changed, and she’s for sale.
44,150 miles, Sargent riders seat, Kaoko throttle lock,Delkevic muffler, ELKA front and rear shocks, New BMW heated grips,LED headlight, Headlight mesh protector, RIDGID spotlights, New(ish) driveshaft, Gearbox all new seals, New gear position sensor, New clutch, Wind deflectors new, Fuel strip 1 year old, Turn signal lenses new, Sidestand new, with big foot attached, OEM Panniers and top box with carrying straps, BMW GS tankbag, New fork seals, New air filter/spark plugs/oil filter/all fluids changed/valves and rocker float adjusted/throttle bodies balanced, Shorai Lithium battery, Handlebar BMW cover, Swingarm front and rear rubber gaiters new, Rear brake reservoir new, BMW emblem LED turn signals (tank emblems)

Clear Blue Texas title in hand
Dripping Springs, TX
$7800 cash only
IMG_0663.jpeg

IMG_0676.jpeg

IMG_0692.jpeg

IMG_0701.jpeg

IMG_0711.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0680.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpeg
    IMG_0715.jpeg
    547.2 KB · Views: 70
I suspect its also had its recalls: fuel pump, front brake lines, rear hub update? Did it lose a rear main seal which is why you did the clutch seals update? It is a nice looking bike.

I suspect its also had its recalls: fuel pump, front brake lines, rear hub update? Did it lose a rear main seal which is why you did the clutch seals update? It is a nice looking bike.
Thanks Ed,
When I had the bike apart to replace the clutch I found the balancer shaft seal was weeping. As it's a relatively big job to get to the clutch it seemed a good opportunity to replace the gearbox seals while they were accessible.
Other things I had forgotten - Alternator belt is new, and I replaced all those small plastic covers that go over the pannier locks - admittedly they are very small detail but usually they are bent or missing.

Decisions decisions. Well I guess time will tell when I have some cash. First, house has to sell and get new place in order. Should have a little something something left over for a new toy

So, I have to be 'that guy'... Did the recall stuff that Ed mention happen? I'm new to this. The bike does look clean. I'm in SA.

Ed,

I pulled the driveshaft as I wanted to check both the front and rear UJ’s. The rear was good but the front wasn’t perfect. Luckily I found a low mileage driveshaft in good condition so I replaced it.

thank goodness it sold! I'm wondering if those older gen shafts had higher quality Ujoints than current ones now undergoing the "service bulletin inspection for rusty u-joints (something like 2013-2021 or so). I have not had my 2016 apart, but ridenow did the check and said it was fine. The bike had never seen moisture of any kind though.

Back