• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2007 BMW R1200GSA For Sale - $6,300 OBO

leekellerking

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Last Name
King
I bought a 2023 R1250GS and need to thin the herd a bit. It runs and stops well, but is a bit tall from my 31 inch inseam legs. BTW, I'll donate 5% of any sale proceeds to Two Wheeled Texans.

Here is the description (with a few edits) by Kevin (craftkr) when I bought it from him earlier this year (my edits in red):

miles, it does have some scrapes and isn't new but great shape mechanically. Really fun, and dependable but I've got some medical issues related to a motocross accident many moons ago and some nerve damage in parts of my body make me lose feeling. Not exactly ideal for being on two wheels.

Ok, details... and what's been done in the past year:
-ABS
-Bike has Ohlins Suspension, no leaks and rides great.
-Heated grips (they do work)
-Throttle Meister type cruise control
-Touratech low seat (I'm 5'9" and manage the bike)
-Touratech skid plate on center stand, and other little touratech guards on throttle bodies etc.
-New set of Mita E07 Dakar tires (maybe 600 miles on them)
-Garmin GPS in Touratech locking mount, older GPS but it does well for my needs.
-Has Touratech Side panniers and top box (key to bike locks them etc.)
-Did the upgraded LED headlight from Matt Gecko (Spelling) so no worries about halogen bulb crapping out on you.
-Cyclops LED lights with amber covers, people see you coming, wired to OEM switch and plug and play on stock harness for the OEM fog lights.
-Replaced front turn signals, they were starting to sag a little. Have replacement turn signals for the rear, but didn't install them (rear turn signals where good)
-Fuel Strip crapped out, so I bought a fuel strip emulator, plugs in where fuel gauge sending unit was. Shows full tank, but no warning lights etc. track fuel by mileage. You have 8.7 gallons so it's very manageable.
-Replaced windshield with OEM BMW and the winglets too, nice and clear... may have some bug guts on it but you get the point.
-Replaced swing arm boots, pulled drive shaft and u joints were pretty tight so no worries, greased splines and reinstalled.
-Serviced the final drive, drain and flushed. Oil was clean and no play in the Final Drive.
-New BMW brake pads front and rear
-Recently did Oil and trans. service Oil looked good, filled with fresh oil
-Checked valves and were in spec.
-Replaced all 4 spark plugs with NGK plugs
-Installed new BMW Alternator belt
-New air filter etc.etc.
-New Interstate Battery approx. 4 months ago
-Fresh set of grip puppies (grips/handle bars)

(And I have added a spare key and a Sargent low seat, but the OEM seat and OEM passenger seat come with it).

Have spare Air Filter, Oil Filters, and crush washers to go with it.
Also have a new Clymer's manual as well
Batt. Tender
Oil Filter Wrench, feeler gauges for valve jobs and little odds and ends
Set of Dunlop Trail Max I pulled off, they're about half life
Marsee tank bag can go with it as well, from my First GS... has old school map pocket on it.
If they fit you I have some BMW riding gear too, rally jacket and pants. Original owner is 5'9" and about 230lbs.
No telling what I have laying around for it, still have the old windshield and winglets. I just had fun tinkering with the bike and replaced allot of little things to get it back into shape.

No leaks on motor or on any suspension, bike is in great mechanical shape, but there are a few cosmetic issues.... adds character... I mean it is an Adv bike. Clutch is strong. Asking $6,300 but I am negotiable. Clean Texas title in hand.

IMG_20231112_110723275.jpg

IMG_20231112_110743057.jpg

IMG_20231112_110749054.jpg

IMG_20231112_110858065.jpg

IMG_20231112_110921023_HDR.jpg

Back