• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2009 Versys 650 - asking 2000 (Dallas area)

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my Kawasaki Versys. It is a 2009 model with about 26,000 miles and currently has a green gas tank on it, but has blue plastic. The green one is one I got off ebay to try and make the bike green instead of blue, but never got around to the plastics. It runs fine, has a lithium Battery Tender brand battery that's about a year and a half old if I remember right and I am going to put the blue tank back on it. It has tusk large panniers, T-Rex racing crash cage and T-Rex custom rack behind the passenger seat. Clean title in my name.

What to know concerning possible bad things: I was in a wreck on it back in 2020, but due to the crash cage and panniers, it just slid on its side during the crash. I was going about 70 at the time. I installed the heated grips and fog lights myself so the wiring is probably sub-par and could stand to be re-done. Other than that, I can't think of anything that needs attention. It's also due for the 25,000 mile valve check. The tires are probably 3 years old now and it probably needs an oil change as its been sitting with only being run in the garage a few times a year for the past 2 years. (I just done ride it because the bike feels too heavy to me to balance since its fairly top heavy.)

At the moment, I don't have any pictures or video of it, but I'll get to that probably next Friday. I'm going to have my wife post an ad on Facebook marketplace once I get something typed up for it.

If anyone is interested, PM me and give me a day as I am a night crawler instead of a day walker.

Back