• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2011 BMW F800gs

texaspatrick

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
I posted this up on ADVrider and forgot to post it here. It's been in the TWTex family for a minute now, and now I'd like to see it go to a new home. Don't tell ADVrider, but I'll knock off $500 for the TWTex community.

2011 BMW F800gs
Mileage - 24,844
Price - $6,500
Location - Fayetteville, Arkansas
Nearest Airport - XNA

IxsiqYJl.jpg

Listing my dad's BMW F800gs. We bought it early last year for some longer distance rides that we completed and now he is retiring from motorcycling. Clean and clear Arkansas title in my fathers name. Sale will include title, bill of sale and all keys.

No motorcycle trades, but will consider four wheel toys (side by side, four wheelers, 4x4 Tacomas) as partial/straight trades.

9Np4twvl.jpg

It is very well sorted and all of the maintenance is up to date. A good friend was a BMW mechanic at a local shop and took care of the 24,000 mile maintenance, along with the refresh when we bought the bike. The bike does have some scratches, but is relatively clean. The -only- issue is the ABS light comes on intermittently. The light came on after I insisted I install the front brake pads roughly 500 miles ago. I hadn't looked into it, as we were riding in gravel most of the time, and it only comes on once in a while. I watched a couple videos about it today, I may have installed the sensor wrong. I'll look more into it when the sun finally comes out again, but the bike brakes as normal without the ABS. (Since the listing, I've taken it for several rides and the ABS light has been off and ABS has been operating as usual. Mileage is now just over 25k. Can send videos of bike running/riding) Otherwise it starts and runs wonderfully. I would keep it for myself, but it's a little too nice to be dropping in the woods here in Arkansas.

Lwfqqrel.jpg

Recent maintenance -
Valve Check - All in spec (11/22)
New Spark Plugs (11/22)
Recent Oil Change (700+ miles ago)
New Oil Filter (11/22)
New Air Filter (11/22)
New battery (11/22)
New Brake Pads Front and Rear (11/22)
Brake Fluid replaced (4/22)

Upgrades -
Rekluse Clutch - roughly 1,100 miles on it - $990 installed, have receipts. Original clutch plates included
Complete Touratech Zega Pro Pannier System with Zega Pro Top Case - Touratech factory keyed together, complete with Touratech carrying handles, lashing straps and a Touratech Zega Liner bag for the top case.
Sargent low seat - My father can flat foot with both feet in motorcycle boots, roughly 31-32" standover height. Stock seat included. Can measure if you need the exact #
Touratech Kick Stand Plate
Alaskan Sheepskin Seat Pad
- Pillion 1 Wide from www.alaskaleather.com
Giant Loop Tank Bag - Recently zipper buttered the zipper for easier use
Piaa Lights - One side is currently out, but I've got another bulb on the way to my house as of 1/31
Cee Bailey Windshield - Windshield is great and blocks most of the wind, but has a crack in it. I have a new, unopened Moose Racing windshield ready for install
Center Stand
Heated Grips
AltRider Skid Plate
AltRider Metal Handguards
AltRider Crash Bars
Cyclops LED High & Low Beam
- Huge upgrade from stock, installed 11/22
Heated Grips
Touratech Front Springs -
The PO claimed he had Touratech Progressive springs installed by GrassRoots BMW in Cape Girardeau. As a matter of fact, the PO said he had all his work done at this BMW shop, including oil changes etc.
X-Mount Phone Holder

Uo2j8ksl.jpg

tp3qsWGl.jpg

6mrKcvxl.jpg

The bike is currently set up with 705s, but I have a used spare set of Heidenau K60s, along with a Motoz you can choose from. I'll include any spares and originals I have, including some oil filters, new windshield and such. You're welcome to any of his old gear, including some Klim pants, a Tourmaster jacket etc. Happy to help with a fly and ride. Delivery can be arranged, I'm headed to Houston, Texas, soon.

TkfkOqql.jpg

New windshield is included, as noted above

I love my 2009 f800gs, This early models have a wet weight of only 454lbs and with the fuel tank underneath the seat they handle like a dream GLWTS

I just turned over 64K miles on mine (same Burnt Orange color). It's my go-to daily driver...

I posted this up on ADVrider and forgot to post it here. It's been in the TWTex family for a minute now, and now I'd like to see it go to a new home. Don't tell ADVrider, but I'll knock off $500 for the TWTex community.

2011 BMW F800gs
Mileage - 24,844
Price - $6,500
Location - Fayetteville, Arkansas
Nearest Airport - XNA

IxsiqYJl.jpg

Listing my dad's BMW F800gs. We bought it early last year for some longer distance rides that we completed and now he is retiring from motorcycling. Clean and clear Arkansas title in my fathers name. Sale will include title, bill of sale and all keys.

No motorcycle trades, but will consider four wheel toys (side by side, four wheelers, 4x4 Tacomas) as partial/straight trades.

9Np4twvl.jpg

It is very well sorted and all of the maintenance is up to date. A good friend was a BMW mechanic at a local shop and took care of the 24,000 mile maintenance, along with the refresh when we bought the bike. The bike does have some scratches, but is relatively clean. The -only- issue is the ABS light comes on intermittently. The light came on after I insisted I install the front brake pads roughly 500 miles ago. I hadn't looked into it, as we were riding in gravel most of the time, and it only comes on once in a while. I watched a couple videos about it today, I may have installed the sensor wrong. I'll look more into it when the sun finally comes out again, but the bike brakes as normal without the ABS. (Since the listing, I've taken it for several rides and the ABS light has been off and ABS has been operating as usual. Mileage is now just over 25k. Can send videos of bike running/riding) Otherwise it starts and runs wonderfully. I would keep it for myself, but it's a little too nice to be dropping in the woods here in Arkansas.

Lwfqqrel.jpg

Recent maintenance -
Valve Check - All in spec (11/22)
New Spark Plugs (11/22)
Recent Oil Change (700+ miles ago)
New Oil Filter (11/22)
New Air Filter (11/22)
New battery (11/22)
New Brake Pads Front and Rear (11/22)
Brake Fluid replaced (4/22)

Upgrades -
Rekluse Clutch - roughly 1,100 miles on it - $990 installed, have receipts. Original clutch plates included
Complete Touratech Zega Pro Pannier System with Zega Pro Top Case - Touratech factory keyed together, complete with Touratech carrying handles, lashing straps and a Touratech Zega Liner bag for the top case.
Sargent low seat - My father can flat foot with both feet in motorcycle boots, roughly 31-32" standover height. Stock seat included. Can measure if you need the exact #
Touratech Kick Stand Plate
Alaskan Sheepskin Seat Pad
- Pillion 1 Wide from www.alaskaleather.com
Giant Loop Tank Bag - Recently zipper buttered the zipper for easier use
Piaa Lights - One side is currently out, but I've got another bulb on the way to my house as of 1/31
Cee Bailey Windshield - Windshield is great and blocks most of the wind, but has a crack in it. I have a new, unopened Moose Racing windshield ready for install
Center Stand
Heated Grips
AltRider Skid Plate
AltRider Metal Handguards
AltRider Crash Bars
Cyclops LED High & Low Beam
- Huge upgrade from stock, installed 11/22
Heated Grips
Touratech Front Springs -
The PO claimed he had Touratech Progressive springs installed by GrassRoots BMW in Cape Girardeau. As a matter of fact, the PO said he had all his work done at this BMW shop, including oil changes etc.
X-Mount Phone Holder

Uo2j8ksl.jpg

tp3qsWGl.jpg

6mrKcvxl.jpg

The bike is currently set up with 705s, but I have a used spare set of Heidenau K60s, along with a Motoz you can choose from. I'll include any spares and originals I have, including some oil filters, new windshield and such. You're welcome to any of his old gear, including some Klim pants, a Tourmaster jacket etc. Happy to help with a fly and ride. Delivery can be arranged, I'm headed to Houston, Texas, soon.

TkfkOqql.jpg

New windshield is included, as noted above
If you still have the bike please let me know, Thanks. David

Back