• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Around the Bend - a "Super" Ride in Big Bend

FWIW... Staying in Lajitas during the Round the Bend. It's a nice place and sort of convenient to the state park. BUT, It takes a lot of gas and time to make several trips to Terlingua for rally events and ride gatherings. Going the other way to the Ranch is still a long drive up a rough dirt road. This is one of those things that looked good on paper but in practice didn't really work that well for me. YMMV...

FWIW... Staying in Lajitas during the Round the Bend. It's a nice place and sort of convenient to the state park. BUT, It takes a lot of gas and time to make several trips to Terlingua for rally events and ride gatherings. Going the other way to the Ranch is still a long drive up a rough dirt road. This is one of those things that looked good on paper but in practice didn't really work that well for me. YMMV...
Good point!

We may want to arrange lodgings in more than one location. The room I had at Big Bend Resorts & Adventure last year was so dangerous that I'll ride from Lahitas to Terlingua with a gallon of gas in a milk jug in my backpack before I stay there again. The door was damaged from a break in, the counter that held the bathroom sink was collapsing, the wiring in the bathroom cracked and popped as I showered and if that wasn't bad enough, the coffee pot leaked.

The door was damaged from a break in, the counter that held the bathroom sink was collapsing, the wiring in the bathroom cracked and popped as I showered and if that wasn't bad enough, the coffee pot leaked.

Other than that how was it? [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We may want to arrange lodgings in more than one location. The room I had at Big Bend Resorts & Adventure last year was so dangerous that I'll ride from Lahitas to Terlingua with a gallon of gas in a milk jug in my backpack before I stay there again. The door was damaged from a break in, the counter that held the bathroom sink was collapsing, the wiring in the bathroom cracked and popped as I showered and if that wasn't bad enough, the coffee pot leaked.

Sounds like a bad movie.:mrgreen:

M that almost sounds like my time at the Chisos Mining Co.motel. That's how I ended up over in Lajitas the next year. Traumatized, I tell ya. :giveup:

Not sure what to think about those folks out there.

My wife comes with me on my trips out to Big Bend so staying at Lajitas is a necessity for me. Between the restaurant and spa she gets a peaceful weekend away from home and I get to ride.

I stayed in Chisos Mining COmpany for two years and the accommodations were average, nothing to complain about, and nothing to praise. Friendly folks in the office. And the walk to Kathy's for the morning ride meetings was 200 ft, but this no longer applies.

Other than silverbullets sweety , I thought our stay was ok. I like the location of big bend adventure motel.

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Back