• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 Suzuki RV200 Van Van

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
2017%20Van%20Van%20200.jpg

I saw this at the local Suzuki dealer yesterday, looks like the old RV90 of the 70's. I want it bad, but it retails for $4.5K. Discuss.

Wow !!! Those bikes really are worth the guff you'd get from your significant other :duck:

I like it. But then again I've always liked the TW200. The FI would be nice for those elevated passes where the TW needed jet changes and still huffed.

The seat looks appears roomy and comfy enough for two people to live on.

I think I'd want one if I lived in a place where the local roads were speed limited to 55. Unfortunately here, with limits at 70-75, it's just too hard to find routes that are meant for 200cc. But I really do like it and would love to test ride one.

I think it would be fine just like it is. What a lovely scooter, I like it a lot. If I could get a red one to match the Barbie car, that would be the ticket!

IMG_0939.jpg

Those tires look like copies of the Dunlop K180 dirt track tires for the TW and original 200 VanVan. Might be the old Dunlops themselves, a set of tires highly preferred by those in Europe who can actually buy them. They are stickier in dirt than most adventure type tires and peg draggers on pavement, even in the wet. The wear patterns for the Dunlops trail the USA Bridgestone rear, but far outlast the odd wear pattern of the USA Bridgestone on the front. Great choice, Suzuki! I'll be hunting up a set for my TW267 when replacement Dunlops become available in the US of A.

The retro styling is classic. I like. The tank looks too small for serious travel, though.

I won't be buying a VanVan because I already have way too much invested in TW mods to switch brands for bikes I rarely have a need to ride. I'll continue wearing out the RX3, looking forward to the RX4's arrival in maybe a year. Should life change and I end up back in a land of dirt road adventures, I'll bring the modded TWs out and wear them out, THEN take a close look at the new VanVan if I'm still young enough to adventure.

Back